Cambridge Audio CXR120 & CXR200 AV Receivers Boast Power Over Immersive Surround

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Cambridge Audio recently released two new AV receivers CXR120 and the CX200. Like most higher end audio companies, the Cambridge units focus more on the audio with powerful A/B amplifier sections, but lag a bit on features when compared to many of their competitors. These particular units lack Dolby Atmos and DTS:X processing. Will audiophiles be content without the latest in immersive surround sound? It all depends on their focus.

crx200.jpg

Read: Cambridge Audio CXR120 & CXR200 AV Receivers Boast Power Over Immersive Surround

I

isilver

Audiophyte
I'm happy with my CXR-120 but should have got the 200 for the extra power

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Since 82% of the AVRs purchased are used in 5.1/7.1 HT systems...
This makes marketing sense for Cambridge to concentrate on basic HT audio and video performance features rather than chasing the larger more popular Japanese brand AVRs that concentrate more on price and marketing fluff features..

Just my $0.02.. ;)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
:rolleyes:But ATMOS and DTS:X are so now and hip and all that!

G

garypen

Audiophyte
While the absence of the Emperor's New Surround Modes is understandable.
Leaving Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as expensive optional add-ons rather than included as standard features, is not.
Those are standard methods of connectivity in this second decade of the 21st century.

L

ljg2016

Audiophyte
These were released in January 2015, nearly three years ago! Seems odd timing for a 'recently released' announcement from Audioholics?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis