Massdrop & Fostex Purpleheart TH-X00 Headphones Review

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Massdrop is an online commerce platform that has been teaming up with consumer electronics manufacturers to produce some great equipment at very reasonable prices. One of the biggest hits of 2016 was the Fostex TH-X00 series of headphones. Basically Fostex wanted to build a great pair of headphones as the successor to some of the legendary headphones the company built to be sold under the Denon brand.

We took a closer look at the Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart in this review.

Read: Massdrop & Fostex Purpleheart TH-X00 Headphones Review

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I personally own a pair of Purpleheart and I must say that they are a beautiful pair of headphones by the sound and looks. I must admit how ever that my pair haven't got all the attention they deserve! Wish I had more time to play with my headphones..

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
They are gorgeous to behold

Here's an image of my "main" headphones by my night-stand. These are my most-used, I love each for its own purpose. The Purpleheart are the only ones with a dynamic driver, the others are electrostat and planar magnetic respectively. The Fostex Purpleheart are for rocking out but man, there is a sweetness to the tonality of the midrange that rivals anything.

headphone wall.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis