SVS Elevation Speaker Solution for Atmos - NO Bouncy House Reflection Gimmick

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
SVS offers Real Atmos Solution that is multi-versatile!

SVS just announced their new Prime Elevation speaker that can used for height effects or as a front, center, rear surround, side surround and/or LCR speaker when ideal placement isn’t possible. Instead of offering the typical compromised Dolby Atmos-enabled bouncy house speaker for marketing appeal, SVS instead chose to engineer a real solution for uncompromised performance and versatility.

Check out all the installation possibilities this speaker offers by reading on.

Read: SVS Prime Elevation Speaker Preview

What do you think about this speaker?

D

diablo561

Audiophyte
One of the biggest drawbacks to these types of speakers is running wires to them. I wonder how long it will take for somebody to enable a wireless speakers solution for these. Think of all the people who would install lthem if they didn't have the challenges of running wires to them, which would make the installation cleaner looking, increasing the Wife Acceptance Factor

N

nickboros

Audioholic
I'm not sure I agree. If the speakers are wireless, then they need to be plugged in to an outlet for power. Most people will not likely have outlets up high on the walls or on the ceiling. I would have an easier time running speaker wire in the walls than trying to get outlets up high on the walls or ceiling. Plus, if I ever sell my house, if I have outlets on the ceiling or high up on the walls. I think the resale value would go down unless I address it, which would be a pain to then remove and/or disconnect the romex and then patch holes the size of outlets and paint. If it is just speaker wire behind the walls, then one just has a small hole that might even go unnoticed or can easily and quickly be patched.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Accurately I'd say it's easier to pull power to a ceiling mount than speaker wire . Your crawl space, attic has plenty of JBs to pull power from. Then your not up and down walls dealing with fire stops and distance is shorter.
However I didn't see wireless

I'm not sure I agree. If the speakers are wireless, then they need to be plugged in to an outlet for power. Most people will not likely have outlets up high on the walls or on the ceiling. I would have an easier time running speaker wire in the walls than trying to get outlets up high on the walls or ceiling. Plus, if I ever sell my house, if I have outlets on the ceiling or high up on the walls. I think the resale value would go down unless I address it, which would be a pain to then remove and/or disconnect the romex and then patch holes the size of outlets and paint. If it is just speaker wire behind the walls, then one just has a small hole that might even go unnoticed or can easily and quickly be patched.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Not to steal any wind from the SVS elevation speakers, but these remind me of the JBL 8320s. The SVS Elevation speakers have a much higher WAF, but the JBLs will be much more powerful- and they aren't even that much more expensive, in fact they are the least expensive THX certified speaker available.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I think wireless (Bluetooth, etc) speakers for ceilings and walls can be harder to place because you need that AC power and that's harder to get where you need it. It seems to me that low current speaker wire is a LOT easier to put where it needs to be.

The exception could be subwoofers, which most times are positioned low, right where AC power is plentiful.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis