MythBusters wants to take on audiophile cabling

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I want them to go up against AudioQuest. They sell "high speed ethernet cables" that are supposed to make streaming audio sound better.

I want proof of ALL of the AQ crap's supposed abilities.

Re: the video- that really shows an improvement, eh? Wow.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Re: the video- that really shows an improvement, eh? Wow.
The video is a proof of concept about how you could actually swap out Ethernet cables while the music continues to play.

The cool part is that even with all the cables dis-connected the music keeps on playing out of buffer. Like it does on all streamers.

Now most streamers have a 20ms buffer but the J-Rivers default is 6 seconds and I believe adjustable to 20 seconds.

JRiver also has a play from RAM setting where the entire track is loaded into Memory for playback.

What audiophiles fail to grasp is the Ethernet cable is way down the chain and has zero to due with playback.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
And then they can look at , ac outlets and people changing out the outlet covers and claiming to hear improvements in sound

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I think doing a blind level matched test on different amps would be a bit more fun.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I'd like to see something like this too but, frankly, I don't think mainstream America gives a hoot about this so I doubt they would even consider something that only appeals to such a very small segment of the population.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I'd like to see something like this too but, frankly, I don't think mainstream America gives a hoot about this so I doubt they would even consider something that only appeals to such a very small segment of the population.
Not only this but the golden ear community will take their testing apart like never before for flaws real or imagined. ;) So, the gullible will just accept their complaints as that is easier than them also looking deeper into it.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I agree but now we have a sharp pointy thing that we can use to repeatedly poke audiophiles...analogy is an annoying headache that meds cant' touch. :D

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I agree but now we have a sharp pointy thing that we can use to repeatedly poke audiophiles...analogy is an annoying headache that meds cant' touch. :D
Theoretically true, but keep in mind that the dyed in the wool audiophile claims to have senses that are far more accurate than any scientific measurements and anyone else's hearing. Unless, of course, you blindfold them. That's like cutting off Samson's hair.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Very cool though no idea how to reach them o_O
Oh thats easy... Tell them you have some speaker cables, interconnects and wall plates that have been designed using the latest pseudo science technology borrowed from the Nabatean culture who gave the world this.

The sandstone used to build this is the same sandstone used in the cables, intercconects and wall plate. It eliminates cryogenic process that mere ordinary cables, intercconects and wall plates are made from allowing the covalent bond structure to break more readily thus allowing a more abundant supply of musical carrying electrons. These electrons carry note for note far more than anything that has ever been made before.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis