My Statements Build

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
It's not even my build and i'm getting so excited now :D

jinjuku

jinjuku

Thanks Grant. I have been working on these since October. Just one step at a time and I learned a valuable lesson:

Pick a pair up for $1000 when someone in the DIY community is selling theirs because the wife hates such a large speaker:D

E

EDM95

Audioholic Intern
Keep up the good work, think one day I might build something like this.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Ah, another weekend at home and work progresses on these bad boys:

Next is round over the front edge, install the port and terminal cup. Then onto paint.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Coming along, slowly...

Some more progress pics...

Just finished another coat of paint and still a bit wet...

Da backs'

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Looking good :D. What's left before you're done?

See how much you can get done now that you aren't wasting time on the PF:rolleyes:?

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I just noticed that the statements don't offset the tweeter... is this accepable?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Looking good :D. What's left before you're done?

See how much you can get done now that you aren't wasting time on the PF:rolleyes:?
I have to install x-overs in one more cabinet. Connect, clamp the baffles to the cabinet and test. If that all goes smoothly it's glue up.

Just need to drill the base for speaker spikes, prime and paint. Attach those and I am done.

It's helped that I dumped cable also:D

jinjuku

jinjuku

Any updates?
Not really, I am re-shooting the paint for the baffles with a better gun now. I had some hot spotting that was just frustrating. I've learned a few things in that process alone and with the test piece that I worked out on is showing much better results.

Welcome to AH.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I am re-shooting the paint for the baffles with a better gun now.
Which gun? I used the bottom of the barrel Home Depot HPLV that went for ~ $150 so now I'm all interested in that. Nice work BTW on mortising the inside of the cabinet. I'm sure you'll have yourself a fine product until your ready to move up to a nice pair of ****'s. :D

jinjuku

jinjuku

Which gun? I used the bottom of the barrel Home Depot HPLV that went for ~ $150 so now I'm all interested in that. Nice work BTW on mortising the inside of the cabinet. I'm sure you'll have yourself a fine product until your ready to move up to a nice pair of ****'s. :D
Funny, that is what I upgraded to:D

jinjuku

jinjuku

One down, one to go

I have just have the drivers connected with alligator clips and everything sounds great.

Need to wire up the other and run in stereo. Remove the drivers, glue up the baffles and then solder the leads to drivers and mount those and the bases.

The paint the 2nd time around on the baffles is awesome.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Two of Two

I have the second one connected and tested. Someone would have to pay me a few $k to make them a pair. Man these things are work.

Put some Rachmaninoff, Vivaldi, Holtz through them. I see a big shite eating grin coming my way when these are placed in room properly:D:D

skyline_123

skyline_123

Audioholic
Looking really good man! I'm anxious to hear your impressions. I have yet to hear a pair for myself. I'm actually trying to convince a friend of mine to build these just so I can hear them. His wife hasn't bought off on them though. :D

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Awesome job on those. Well done!!!

I agree with you on the dual 8's. Some of my most favorite speakers were dual 8's. I think there will be some dual 8's in my near future too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis