My Statements Build

jinjuku

jinjuku

Well I just pulled the trigger on four of them plus another 4 tangband 4" mids.

The price drop put the speaker I wanted into the price range I wanted. Bet you'll never guess what I am building next;)

jinjuku

jinjuku

Have love being close to Ohio

Living in Louisville puts me 90 minutes from Ohio. My Parts-Express and Erse shipments were ordered friday and they arrived today (fedex ground). Just waiting on the Fountek ribbon and a few back ordered inductors from Erse.

Matt34

Matt34

Just from looking at the driver selection I have a very good idea what your building next.;)

jinjuku

jinjuku

Just from looking at the driver selection I have a very good idea what your building next.;)
I am so done with speakers that remind me of super models:

Tall, thin, not much meat on them.

I want the visceral impact of some 8 inch woofers. I hate it when some one says to pair a sub with one of those skinny multi 4 or 5 inch driver based speakers. Subs only go up so far and then what do you do?

If luck will stay with me I will have another person helping knock the cabinets out end of month. A person that knows their way around a table saw and router thank god. Just need to order my 8 corner clamps.

J

johngalt47

Enthusiast
Besides the Statements, are there other good designs using this driver?

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I am so done with speakers that remind me of super models:

Tall, thin, not much meat on them.

I want the visceral impact of some 8 inch woofers. I hate it when some one says to pair a sub with one of those skinny multi 4 or 5 inch driver based speakers. Subs only go up so far and then what do you do?

If luck will stay with me I will have another person helping knock the cabinets out end of month. A person that knows their way around a table saw and router thank god. Just need to order my 8 corner clamps.
I'm with you there, when it comes to wanting big theater sound. An 8" has about 4 times the surface area of a 4" ... so, it would take four 4" drivers to match one 8". So, enough skinny drivers can work, but, generally not cost effectively when it comes to headroom and sensitivity. Plus every time you add a driver you are trying to make it worth with another and so forth. I guess I'm just giving a long winded, over-generalized, agreement with you. :)

Can't wait to see how the project comes out. Keep us updated and have fun.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Cross Overs are coming along:

I used 14AWG and did a simple lead wrap around it. I wrapped, used needle nose pliers to crimp and then soldered.

two more x-over sub assemblies to go (just waiting on two resistors).

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Never thought of using peg board for circuits it looks nice.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I'm with you there, when it comes to wanting big theater sound. An 8" has about 4 times the surface area of a 4" ... so, it would take four 4" drivers to match one 8". So, enough skinny drivers can work, but, generally not cost effectively when it comes to headroom and sensitivity. Plus every time you add a driver you are trying to make it worth with another and so forth. I guess I'm just giving a long winded, over-generalized, agreement with you. :)

Can't wait to see how the project comes out. Keep us updated and have fun.
Even small drivers in array simply can't dig as deep no matter how many you have in an array.

I just found a distributor 10 minutes from me that I can source all sorts of veneered ply and MDF from.

I have two sheets of cherry veneered 3/4" MDF and one 1 1/8th inch sheet of raw MDF coming!

jinjuku

jinjuku

Here are some more pics of the build progress...

The jawhorse and Pops. Thanks Dad. It took twenty years but I got you back down to finish what we started :D

Using the jawhorse as a router jig (I love this thing)

The Hitachi router is going through with a 3/4" flush bit like a hot knife through butter. So smooth in fact that I thought for a second the bit wasn't in it.

The dry fit is going nicely. All my cuts are lining up with only a minor tweak or two.

If I can help it I will never dado with a table saw again.

Last edited by a moderator:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Cabinets are put together.

Baffles....

Mid Tunnels...

jinjuku

jinjuku

Also, more jawhorse awesomeness. My new favorite tool.
Used this to also clamp the cabinet while I flush trimmed the baffles.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis