croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
it's here!!!!!!!!!

The sub arrived in Memphis today, so I drove to Bax Global and picked up the sub, er..uh..they loaded it into my van for me via fork-lift...

Once I got it home, I managed to get it into my living room without getting a hernia...

Out of the box. It matches my credenza and stands perfectly!

Old sub meets new sub...

New home...

I was surprised to get a SVS t-shirt. They are great to do business with!!

You can probably guess what I'll be doing today!

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
If it sounds half as good as it looks then you are in for some fun, great looking room and system!

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Awesome, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it sounds half as good as it looks then you are in for some fun, great looking room and system!

Thanks guys! When I realized the sub was only 9 miles away I had to make an effort to get it. Otherwise I would have been waiting until Monday.

I'll say this-the sub is the best sounding sub I've ever heard, and it sounds much better than it looks. It's great with music, and HT is out of this world. This thing has had me laughing in delight and amazement at the bass. I've listened to a fair amount of good bass heavy music today (Bass Hit and Bass Connection) as well as watching Star Wars ep II. The opening scene in that movie has always been too much for the Polk, but man the PB13-Ultra took it effortlessy. I'm talking about where the Senator's ship lands at the begining, and then is blown up. There is some seriously deep strong bass there. Just stunning with the Ultra. I swear this thing seems like it could crack the walls.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
No point in having uncompressed sound in movies unless you have a sub that will shake your whole place ;). Go get a sub then get the BD player!
The biggest bang for the buck will be the sub. You will notice a slight to moderate improvement going from a decent DVD player to a Blu-Ray. You will notice a day and night difference going from an ok sub to a great sub.

You guys were ABSOLUTELY correct! Put it this way, this Ultra can handle 104-105db peaks (the loudest I've dared to go yet) effortlessly. My old 650 petered out at about 102 dB with no where near the impact this thing has or the deepness. Trolling the depths is great!

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
The finish of that sub is just stunning. More closeups please.

L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
After seeing that monster PB13 sitting in the middle of your living room, I have got to get one!

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
The finish of that sub is just stunning. More closeups please.
I'll try to get a few more up for you. I agree, the finish is quite beautiful.

After seeing that monster PB13 sitting in the middle of your living room, I have got to get one!

If you do, be prepared to feel your pants legs vibrate at a distance of 10 feet. I only have one, and it totally pressurises my living area in a way I've never experienced before. Even with the 20 Hz tune I'm getting palpable bass at 10 Hz.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Up close. 15 Hz tune. I like this congifuration the most. It's a good balance between music and movies. Watched LOTR Fellowship of the Ring last night. The bass was giving me the chills. Especially when the black rider is looking for Frodo (when they are hiding under the tree), not to mention the other classic scenes there.

One port sealed
the amp

Last edited:
The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
If you do, be prepared to feel your pants legs vibrate at a distance of 10 feet. I only have one, and it totally pressurises my living area in a way I've never experienced before. Even with the 20 Hz tune I'm getting palpable bass at 10 Hz.
Must be difficult to shop for one legged pants ;); lemme know how your search turns out...
All kidding aside, good gawd that sub is HUGE (and beautifully crafted I might add). Congrats on your purchase; btw you need a bigger house to go with your sub...

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Must be difficult to shop for one legged pants ;); lemme know how your search turns out...
All kidding aside, good gawd that sub is HUGE (and beautifully crafted I might add). Congrats on your purchase; btw you need a bigger house to go with your sub...
Yeah, I see how that could be inferred...:p I meant only one sub woofer. No new houses are on the list at this point. Thanks for the kind words.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You have done a good job keeping your house classy as you have introduced the HT system. I sometimes wonder if I have gone overboard.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
You have done a good job keeping your house classy as you have introduced the HT system. I sometimes wonder if I have gone overboard.

Nah Greg I don't think you've gone overboard. Your system is fantastic! I have wondered how the Ultra would compare to the Servo 15. The Servo looks like it can really rumble.

I'm already contemplating other upgrades to my system (time to get the high def stuff going now).

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I think the Ultra may outperform the Servo. I had the SVS 12/2 thing and it was pretty even with the Servo.
Nah Greg I don't think you've gone overboard. Your system is fantastic! I have wondered how the Ultra would compare to the Servo 15. The Servo looks like it can really rumble.

I'm already contemplating other upgrades to my system (time to get the high def stuff going now).

L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
I was listening to Mr. Big from '91 this afternoon and was thinking I would hear more of Billy Sheehan's bass if I had that monster sub. I checked while I was listening with the spl meter and it was spiking about 95db. I don't always listen that loud but I am a bit of a headbanger from way back even though I have been broadening my taste recently. Is that pretty common as far as listening levels go or way loud for most normal people?

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I was listening to Mr. Big from '91 this afternoon and was thinking I would hear more of Billy Sheehan's bass if I had that monster sub. I checked while I was listening with the spl meter and it was spiking about 95db. I don't always listen that loud but I am a bit of a headbanger from way back even though I have been broadening my taste recently. Is that pretty common as far as listening levels go or way loud for most normal people?

I don't do the high dB's for very long. I'd say 95 db is starting to get loud. Occasionally I like to crank the system just to see what it can do, but that's for brief spells. I can tolerate high bass levels much better than trebel. I find I usually listen at around 80-90 dB. Movies may have considerably higher LFE peaks though, but they don't genereally last very long. You want as much "headroom" as you can get for the best sound.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis