My New PB12-NSD........ooohhh yeah!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Here is a couple of pics of my SVS PB12-NSD. Please enjoy!!!! Comments are welcome.

Last edited:
Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Sweeeeeet.... Hows it sound buddy...?

And btw... whats with the tiny pics...?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sweeeeeet.... Hows it sound buddy...?

And btw... whats with the tiny pics...?
Had to resize them. Did I do it too small? It told me the file size could not be bigger than 100kb. Have any advice.....LOL!!!!! I am new at posting pics-can you tell eh???? The PB12-NSD is very nice sounding to say the least.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
The 100 KB limit is quite limiting. When I posted some pictures I just experimented with the resizing until my pic was as close to 100 K as possible.

The only way to post large pictures is to use a photo hosting site like photobucket and then just put the url to the picture in your post.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The 100 KB limit is quite limiting. When I posted some pictures I just experimented with the resizing until my pic was as close to 100 K as possible.

The only way to post large pictures is to use a photo hosting site like photobucket and then just put the url to the picture in your post.
Yeah the 100 KB is rather small. Most of the pics before resizing were just a little over 100 KB but oh well. At least it is a start.......LOL!!!!! :eek::eek: I will get better -OR at least hope I do..............LOL!!!!!! Thanks for the info.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats. How does it sound. Can you give a review of your impressions.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
When I take pics off of my camera, I put them in a folder on the desktop, and then highlight the pictures in question, right click on them and click "resize" Choose 800x600, click advanced, if you want more options....

They will then be large in veiwable size, but still conform to the forum kb size limit. At least that works great for me... :)

Warp

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Congrats. How does it sound. Can you give a review of your impressions.
Well Dave I am not much of a reviewer so to speak. I may, however, be able to answer some of your questions you have. Just let me know. I will easily say w/o a doubt the PB12-NSD is the best sub I have owned to date and as such am quite happy with my decision to buy one.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
When I take pics off of my camera, I put them in a folder on the desktop, and then highlight the pictures in question, right click on them and click "resize" Choose 800x600, click advanced, if you want more options....

They will then be large in veiwable size, but still conform to the forum kb size limit. At least that works great for me... :)

Warp
Thanks there Warp as I will try that. I am not very computer savy as any one can tell. Thanks for the info.:):)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Well Dave I am not much of a reviewer so to speak. I may, however, be able to answer some of your questions you have. Just let me know. I will easily say w/o a doubt the PB12-NSD is the best sub I have owned to date and as such am quite happy with my decision to buy one.
Here's a couple to get you started. Is it tight and musical or a little loose and rumbly? Does it perform equally well on music and movies? What direct comparisons can you make to your previous subs? Do you feel movie effects as they happen?

I'm just curious because I haven't read too much about that version.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Here's a couple to get you started. Is it tight and musical or a little loose and rumbly? Does it perform equally well on music and movies? What direct comparisons can you make to your previous subs? Do you feel movie effects as they happen?

I'm just curious because I haven't read too much about that version.
Dave, as far as music is concerned the PB12-NSD does very well. I did find, however, the PB10-NSD to be a bit more articulate sounding resulting in a bit more tighter and punchier bass. In fact, the PB10-NSD was better than the Mirage S12 both with music and epsecially down deep. The Mirage S12 was louder above 40 Hz. The PB12-NSD really shines when watching movies. I mean that the PB12 will literally shake the foundation of your home w/o breaking a sweat. I wont even comment on the Cerwin Vega sub I owned and the Paradigm PDR-12 was awful in that all it did was chuff regardless if it was music or watching dvds. Suprisingly, the Acoustic Research 8" subs were extremely tight and well defined when listening to music. In fact, the AR 8's were very good with ht applications BUT were unable to extend real deep. The Paradigm PS1000 v.4 10" sub was good with watching movies but was slow and thus boomy with music listening. Over all, I believe the PB12-NSD does both very well BUT is noticeably better when watching movies. There is no doubt in my mind that the PB10-NSD was also stellar in that regard but I wanted more of what it does. The PB12-NSD delivers that suberbly. :):)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I have mentioned this before about the Paradigm PS-1000, it is tunable. It sounds better (to me) if two ports are closed.:)

I couldn't agree more about the AR 8" subs, they are a bargain. I have one and it rocks for what I paid for it (decent dinner for two price;)). I used to have a Sunfire TrueDud and it sucked......a lot. It went deeper than the AR, but it was just too difficult to place and it never sounded right.

I have also had an HSU STF-2 (wish I still had it), and it wiped the floor with the Sunfire. The only sub I have owned that can beat the HSU was/is the M&K which is again out of service (stupid Sanyo IC doesn't like difficult loads:rolleyes:)

So my next venture may be an SVS, or maybe a Rythmik sub.:)

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
Dave, as far as music is concerned the PB12-NSD does very well. I did find, however, the PB10-NSD to be a bit more articulate sounding resulting in a bit more tighter and punchier bass. In fact, the PB10-NSD was better than the Mirage S12 both with music and epsecially down deep. The Mirage S12 was louder above 40 Hz. The PB12-NSD really shines when watching movies. I mean that the PB12 will literally shake the foundation of your home w/o breaking a sweat. I wont even comment on the Cerwin Vega sub I owned and the Paradigm PDR-12 was awful in that all it did was chuff regardless if it was music or watching dvds. Suprisingly, the Acoustic Research 8" subs were extremely tight and well defined when listening to music. In fact, the AR 8's were very good with ht applications BUT were unable to extend real deep. The Paradigm PS1000 v.4 10" sub was good with watching movies but was slow and thus boomy with music listening. Over all, I believe the PB12-NSD does both very well BUT is noticeably better when watching movies. There is no doubt in my mind that the PB10-NSD was also stellar in that regard but I wanted more of what it does. The PB12-NSD delivers that suberbly. :):)
What happened to the man who wasn't much of a reviewer? :D
Glad you're enjoying it, I've been drooling over the idea of getting a PB-12, all I keep hearing is great reviews. Thanks for another one!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have mentioned this before about the Paradigm PS-1000, it is tunable. It sounds better (to me) if two ports are closed.:)

I couldn't agree more about the AR 8" subs, they are a bargain. I have one and it rocks for what I paid for it (decent dinner for two price;)). I used to have a Sunfire TrueDud and it sucked......a lot. It went deeper than the AR, but it was just too difficult to place and it never sounded right.

I have also had an HSU STF-2 (wish I still had it), and it wiped the floor with the Sunfire. The only sub I have owned that can beat the HSU was/is the M&K which is again out of service (stupid Sanyo IC doesn't like difficult loads:rolleyes:)

So my next venture may be an SVS, or maybe a Rythmik sub.:)
Hey Seth how you been? I tried plugging the ports on the Paradigm PS1000 v.4 but things did not improve much at all. I also tried different placements that did not help much either. The best place I found for the PS1000 v.4 was in between my fronts. It was sloppy and slow with music applications but was decent when watching dvds. The AR subs walked all over the PS1000 both with music and movies alike. The Paradigm PDR-12 was awful to say the least. In short, for music applications the AR subs and the PB10-NSD were better BUT with respect to ht the PB12-NSD is noticably better-not that the PB10 is any slouch. Over all, the PB12-NSD gives me the most balance of the two extremes with the PB10 finishing an easy second. In other words, the PB12-NSD does everything the PB10 does BUT in greater amounts. The Mirage S12 also was a good performer over-all BUT not as good as the PB10 imho. Like you, I been reading a lot of good things about the Rythmik subs. Who knows what the future holds.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Glad you're enjoying it, I've been drooling over the idea of getting a PB-12, all I keep hearing is great reviews. Thanks for another one!
Yeah, I am really not much of a reviewer guy BUT dont mind to share my impressions. That is the key "My Impressions" as otheres here may come to different conclusions. I will say I do know what I prefer and articulation is paramount. Lots of detail with as much punchiness and tightness I can obtain for my money. So far, I am pleased with the PB12-NSD. My only complaint would perhaps be to get a bit more output in the 40-80 Hz region which is critical for most music applications. However, I can live with what I have in the PB12-NSD. :):)

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Here are a couple more pics of my PB12-NSD. Feel free to share your thoughts as I am ALWAYS open to suggestions.

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Here is another pic. I been trying to take better pics. You know the old "practice makes perfect" routine. :eek::eek:

Last edited:
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
No kidding...I really got more than I asked for. It's great to hear comparisons with so many other subs.

Yeah, I am really not much of a reviewer guy BUT dont mind to share my impressions. That is the key "My Impressions"
Speakerman, your impressions are as valuable as any other review since I usually just gloss over the techno-mumble in pro-reviews. I don't really understand a lot of it and don't know how it affects in-room performance anyway.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
No kidding...I really got more than I asked for. It's great to hear comparisons with so many other subs.

Speakerman, your impressions are as valuable as any other review since I usually just gloss over the techno-mumble in pro-reviews. I don't really understand a lot of it and don't know how it affects in-room performance anyway.
Well thanks Dave for the compliments. Just trying to give back and help any one "on the fence" so to speak. Right now, I am just trying to learn how to take better pics. Do the last couple of pics look better when compared to the initial posting(s)??? There are many forum members here whom are much more knowledgeable than I. Just am very glad to have a forum like this that can help me to make a well informed decision regarding what components to buy. Sometimes though, experience is your best teacher as we all have different needs/expectations. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great evening.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis