My new favorite room...

C

cmro327

Enthusiast
The pictures aren't that great (red walls + black ceiling = dark photos) but you get the idea. It only took about 2 years to build too hah! Just got it tuned up and it sounds great. Audioholics and this forum were a big factor in a lot of decisions, thanks!

Attachments

J

jamie2112

Banned
:eek:I am jealous for sure. That looks great!!! Now I guess comes the best part which is enjoying it:D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Wow, very nice!!!! Really like the seats. Nicely done. Kudos to you.

Cheers,

Phil

C

cmro327

Enthusiast
Thanks! I guess I can take the tags off of them now. FYI, they are Palliser "Sequel" seats.

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
Congrats on a job well done. I like your setup.

engtaz

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
That I like! (Borat-style). I'm sick of looking at multi-million dollars theaters on the net (especially at avsforum). Yeah you got cash to do that so what?! Now I see something that was done by Joe Sixpack that looks simple yet very decent. Built by someone who took his own time to read carefully and not go anal with a bunch of things. I bet your enjoyment will be worth it.

That I like... and for that I respect you sir.

BTW... when I'll have my own theater room I don't want anything more than this:
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/pajames2/pics/ht1.jpg
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/pajames2/pics/ht4.jpg

Not that I am not ambitious, but it gets closer to what I call reasonable for my tastes.

C

cmro327

Enthusiast
That I like! (Borat-style). I'm sick of looking at multi-million dollars theaters on the net (especially at avsforum). Yeah you got cash to do that so what?! Now I see something that was done by Joe Sixpack that looks simple yet very decent. Built by someone who took his own time to read carefully and not go anal with a bunch of things. I bet your enjoyment will be worth it.

That I like... and for that I respect you sir.

BTW... when I'll have my own theater room I don't want anything more than this:
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/pajames2/pics/ht1.jpg
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/pajames2/pics/ht4.jpg

Not that I am not ambitious, but it gets closer to what I call reasonable for my tastes.
Thanks! The Ed speakers with the Yamaha reciever sound great to me and the picture from the Sanyo projector is awesome and, like you said, I didn't have to put myself into eternal debt to do it! I even built the AV component cabinet myself, modeled after the StudioTech U-60- $900 I don't think so!

Attachments

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I even built the AV component cabinet myself, modeled after the StudioTech U-60- $900 I don't think so!
Nice job on that cabinet. That is excellent! Looks very professional in the photos. Wish that I had the motivation...and tools...and talent...to do that.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for materials, and how long did it take to build?

Adam

P.S. The rest of the set-up looks great, too! The walls look a little empty, but so do mine...

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
P.S. The rest of the set-up looks great, too! The walls look a little empty, but so do mine...
Making 2 or 4 acoustic panels on first reflection points would fix that AND enhance SQ!!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Making 2 or 4 acoustic panels on first reflection points would fix that AND enhance SQ!!
Agreed! That's what I was thinking, too. Any sort of art or pictures would also look good (although wouldn't do much for sound quality).

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
Agreed! That's what I was thinking, too. Any sort of art or pictures would also look good (although wouldn't do much for sound quality).
...as in favorite movie posters. But I'd vote for the panels. Would gain a lot from it looking at how the room is laid out

C

cmro327

Enthusiast
I am definately thinking of building some acoustic panels in the near future. I've been looking at different materials and designs, again I will probably draw on this site for that too!

C

cmro327

Enthusiast
Nice job on that cabinet. That is excellent! Looks very professional in the photos. Wish that I had the motivation...and tools...and talent...to do that.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for materials, and how long did it take to build?

Adam

I used a big sheet of 3/4" MDF that was left over when my house was build a couple years ago. So I didn't have to buy much, probably well under $100. The time on the other hand was considerable, I think this was more to do with my lack of carpentary skills though. Lots of router work.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Very nice setup, how do you like the eD speakers? I've always wondered how they sounded, but never actually got any... I stick to eD for my car audio though.

C

cmro327

Enthusiast
Very nice setup, how do you like the eD speakers? I've always wondered how they sounded, but never actually got any... I stick to eD for my car audio though.
They sound great to me but then again I've never owned anything "higher end" than this. I considered buying Axiom but the price point was a little high and decided I would spend more in the projector department.

C

cmro327

Enthusiast
update

Been awhile since I updated, but thought I would put up some picks of the acoustic panels I built and wet bar. Got a better camera too so the picks look considerably better also. The side panels are 6`by 4` and made of 2 inch thick rigid fiberglass covered with speaker fabric. The front corner base traps are also 2 inch rigid fiber glass back filled with mineral wool. The wet bar was a fun little project and am really happy with the way it turned out. The most expensive part was the 8 foot sheet of steel for the bar top.

Attachments

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Nice. I hope to have a theater and bar of my own one day :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis