My new equipment has finally arrived

K

Krusty Blade

Audioholic Intern
So after months of waiting my new equipment has finally arrived. What is in the bag of goodies you might ask? :)

Yamaha RX-A3000
Infinity Primus P363 x2
Infinity Primus PC351 x1
Infinity Primus P163 x4
Emotiva X-REF 12 (customs delay, should be out be Wednesday)

So before i start, is there anything I should be looking out for or any special advice regarding setting this up. I have bought a SPL meter, studied all the topics here about system calibration, crawling around etc.

I come from a HT in a box (Onkyo HT-S7300) system. I think I will be able to handle most of the configs, I am just not sure about setting the Emotiva Sub. This does not seem as strait forward as the Onkyo sub setup.

(tapping fingers on desk and counting the seconds till work ends, need to setup this damn system..and hoping traffic will be a breeze.. :eek: ..)

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
If your new sub has a 'bypass' option on the low pass filter, use it. Otherwise, set to it's highest possible point and let the Yamaha handle the bass management.

You got yourself a nice, very cost effective system there. Enjoy!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
yes, very nice system, thou maybe a bit overspent on the receiver, unless you got some killer deal on it...

p.s:
Pardon my incompetence, but I don't think I heard of your country - Angola before or if I ever did it - forgot about it :eek:

K

Krusty Blade

Audioholic Intern
Angola is in deep dark Africa, and dont worry about it. Its not really that well known around the world. Its the 16th highest oil producing country in the world.. :D

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
It's also home of the current Ms. Universe title holder.

K

Krusty Blade

Audioholic Intern
So the system is all setup and working much better than I could ever imagine. There are 2 things that came from this installation though, one good and one bad.

I have discovered that a lot of my windows are pretty loose in the frame, (the good) and that my wife hates base (the bad).. she was complaining so much when we watched our 1st movie on the new system. All the windows rattling in the frames did not help either.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
So fix your windows, and reel back the bass. Slowly, over a couple weeks, increase it in small increments back to normal levels when she isn't looking. It is like the proverbial frog boiling.

Glad you like your new system!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
So the system is all setup and working much better than I could ever imagine. There are 2 things that came from this installation though, one good and one bad.

I have discovered that a lot of my windows are pretty loose in the frame, (the good) and that my wife hates base (the bad).. she was complaining so much when we watched our 1st movie on the new system. All the windows rattling in the frames did not help either.
She may not like the distortion that the sympathetic vibrations are adding. Get the windows to stop rattling and then recalibrate. She might be fine after that.

Nice system BTW.

K

Krusty Blade

Audioholic Intern
So the windows are fixed, the wife is happy which makes me very happy. I still cant believe how good this system sounds. :)

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Welcome KrustyBlade to the wonderful world of audio!!!

Please Please Please try to do your best to just ENJOY the nice system youve put together! There will ALWAYS be something to upgrade & ALWAYS a want for improving something or another in the system. Do yourself a big favor & read up on tweaking your system to sqeeze every last drop out of what you have. Just be careful with the "slippery slope" of feeling that you need the latest, greatest stuff.

Let your speakers & specially your sub to break in. Then in about a month or so, re-calibrate because your sub will improve in it performance over the next few weeks.

You have a nice & simple system that performs well. Use it, tweak it, enjoy it!!
Now buy some spray to keep the "upgrade"'bug from biting!!!:) :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis