My New DIY Desktop Speaker Stands!

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
Hi, just wanted to see what everyone thought of my new stands idea. I only made one prototype so far.
The finished version will be updated with better wire mounts and I think I will just paint the wood black.

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hi, just wanted to see what everyone thought of my new stands idea. I only made one prototype so far.
The finished version will be updated with better wire mounts and I think I will just paint the wood black.
Pictures? It doesn't exist w/o pics! Just saying..................

Cheers,

Phil

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
sorry, thought the links had worked... looks like they are working now

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
sorry, thought the links had worked... looks like they are working now
Yeah Randy, they are working now. Looks pretty good. Not bad at all if you ask me. Let us know when you paint a set so we can see how they look as well. I kind of like them the way they are. But, I have no WAF to deal with either. Good job!

Cheers,

Phil

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
I wonder if I could sell these ? how much would you pay for them ?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm guessing that's ~$10 in material for a pair?

I too like them the way they are, but you could always get creative and do edge banding or use solid wood and have different stains, paints and such.

Not sure if you'd be able to sell them in mass quantity, but if you built them to order you could get $50-$100 depending on finish and all that. Maybe. :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That is a very good question. Have no idea myself. BTW, ever thought about making a headphone stand out of similar materials? Just a thought. I see that you like the JBL 305's, no? I had a set myself. Very good for the money no doubt!

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nice job. I'd hide the screws/bolts a bit more, perhaps a shorter screw and inset the nut (on the bottom of the lower piece)

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
Nice job. I'd hide the screws/bolts a bit more, perhaps a shorter screw and inset the nut (on the bottom of the lower piece)
Yeah, thanks.... this was just a quick mock up. If I decide to make a final version it will be clean :D

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
I'm guessing that's ~$10 in material for a pair?

I too like them the way they are, but you could always get creative and do edge banding or use solid wood and have different stains, paints and such.

Not sure if you'd be able to sell them in mass quantity, but if you built them to order you could get $50-$100 depending on finish and all that. Maybe. :D
Material for the pair is closer to $50, with the final version. the way it is now, yeah, probably about $15-20 for the pair, not painted or anything, just the wood as it is.

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
That is a very good question. Have no idea myself. BTW, ever thought about making a headphone stand out of similar materials? Just a thought. I see that you like the JBL 305's, no? I had a set myself. Very good for the money no doubt!

Cheers,

Phil
A headphone stand out of similar materials ? like the wood ? or somehow using the wire rope ? I had not thought about it. I have a different headphone stand that I was working on, but I put that on the back burner for now.

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
Oh, BTW, yes I do like the JBL's. I just got them, they sound very good. Vocal clarity is awesome!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
A headphone stand out of similar materials ? like the wood ? or somehow using the wire rope ? I had not thought about it. I have a different headphone stand that I was working on, but I put that on the back burner for now.
I think I would opt more for the wire than the wood. But, hey it is just an idea. I bought me an el cheapo off of ebay and I really don't like it too much. It is very cheaply made. You can find one on massdrop all of the time for close to $30. Not going to pay that much. Looking for something in between my el cheapo and $30.

Cheers,

Phil

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
I think I would opt more for the wire than the wood. But, hey it is just an idea. I bought me an el cheapo off of ebay and I really don't like it too much. It is very cheaply made. You can find one on massdrop all of the time for close to $30. Not going to pay that much. Looking for something in between my el cheapo and $30.

Cheers,

Phil

Not really sure how I would go about making a headphone stand out of wire ..... but I now I will give it some thought.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Not really sure how I would go about making a headphone stand out of wire ..... but I now I will give it some thought.
Will need some sort of steel rod or two would be my guess. Nothing like form following function inmho.

Cheers,

Phil

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Nice job.

Perhaps just drill holes for the cable in the edges of the wood and insert the cables in those with epoxy and do away with all the nuts and bolts and save some money.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis