My messy, yet beloved systems.

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
Hello people First post.

I own 2 modest audio/video setups, one for music, one for home theater. I'm an avid music lover. I still purchase vinyl when I find it, yet, I'm a modern man, and a big user of digital technology and networked storage. All my music is owned on hard copy, Vinyl and CDs (killed my tapes and tape deck a few years back, good riddance.). All my CDs (400+) are digitized as-is, with all tracks kept in their untouched, native WAV format on a local SMB network. Most of my media playback is done using a WD TV Live media Hub 1TB

Music-wise, Classical and contemporary instrumental music makes up the bulk of my music listening, with smooth Jazz and some old pop-rock completing the picture.

Movie-wise, I'm a Sci-Fi enthusiast, and I love to destroy my neighbor's peace and quiet with a good movie or two on Saturday afternoons. I was an early adopter and lover of the DTS format, and I'm often blown away by the work of movie sound engineers. We have come a long way since the heyday monaural sound tracks laden with unrealistic things like tires screeching on dirt roads and "whizzing" bullets.

My Stereo setup:

* Harman Kardon HK3490
* 2 X JBL Studio 38II
* 2 X Reference Audio R50S

- Pioneer Rondo 2000 Turntable
- LG LGD435 DVD player.

My Home Theater:

* Harman Kardon AVR3600
* 4 X JBL Northridge E-60
* Reference Audio R550C
* 8" JBL Northridge SUB

- Sony BDP S5100
- Samsung BD-P1600
- WD TV Live media Hub 1TB #1
- Digital Cable & PVR box
- (Via SMB network) WD TV Live media Hub 1TB #2
- (Via Toslink) Creative SB X-Fi 5.1 USB

It's not much, but it's mine. :)

vecc76

vecc76

Audioholic Intern
Looks good. What you call messy I would call organized chaos ;)

OKLAGMCRUISER

OKLAGMCRUISER

Audioholic Intern
I like the LED lighting...I need to do that for my CD/BD/DVD storage instead of using a flashlight...lol.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
Nice set up! I love that you also like to make your neighbors aware of your musical/film goings ons.
I love nuclear war type sci fi, ie; The Day After, On The Beach. Throw in some Brazil, Soylent Green, and 1984 and I'm set.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis