My Marantz receiver stopped working.....

I

Inertia

Full Audioholic
My Marantz SR4002 receivers standy light is blinking 8 times a second. Does anyone know how to fix this? The receiver will not turn on at all.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
Did the display say "PROTECT?" The manual for my 4001 says that the standby light will start blinking if something was damaged when the receiver went into protect mode. Were you using the 4002 when it stoped working?

I

Inertia

Full Audioholic
I am not sure if it said protect... I almost got shocked hooking up my o audio and now my o audio bash amp won't work right because the fuse keeps blowing.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I am not sure if it said protect... I almost got shocked hooking up my o audio and now my o audio bash amp won't work right because the fuse keeps blowing.
Probably something I would have voulenteered in my first post.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I think your Bash amp has blown up your Marantz receiver.

Yet another in a list of sub disasters. I'm coming to the conclusion that subs are bad news in their current guise.

I think they need to be built to a higher standard and price point. It seems to me that switching power supplies need to be retired from the audio scene. I have a strong hunch it is sub power supplies that are at the bottom of all these sub failures. This latter one is a nasty one.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yeah, that would be a good starer for the thread. You need to check the house wiring- you zapped the Marantz and it probably won't be coming back to life. Microprocessors really don't like that kind of thing. Look in the manual for a way to do a hard reset. If that doesn't work, unplug it for about 15 minutes and plug it in again, then power it up. I doubt it will respond but it's worth a shot.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis