My Klipsch Reference Series Home Theater Build

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
My house is still under construction but I wanted to get everything ordered so that its ready when the house is.

First a pic of my Home Theater room under construction. The room is 16' x 15' x 9' in a basement. I sound proofed the ceiling with drywall strapping & Roxul Sound Proof Insulation.

All the wiring is 14/4 Monster in-wall THX certified wire.

A big thanks to www.pinnaclehometech.com for supplying me with everything!

Last edited:
Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
and the Klipsch speakers. The subs are not for my main system. Those are going on my main floor and my upstairs 5.1 system. The sub for my main system is going to be a Jamesloudspeaker Cinema 15 which hasn't arrived yet.

The system will be powered by a Marantz SR7005 receiver, which also hasn't arrived yet.

Last edited:
DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Emotiva Amps

If you need it there, consider Emotiva Amps w/ your 7005, even though those Klipsch 7's are very efficient, nice to kick it up a notch w/ some external power so you don't strain the 7005. IMO.

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
If you need it there, consider Emotiva Amps w/ your 7005, even though those Klipsch 7's are very efficient, nice to kick it up a notch w/ some external power so you don't strain the 7005. IMO.
I would love to but I have two other systems I'm building for the house as well, so I have to keep within my budget haha.

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
Nice looking speakers. Why different subs?

The two subs you see in the pictures are not for my main system. The 12 is going on my main floor as fill for my 6 zone in ceiling setup, and the 10 is going upstairs for the kids 5.1 system.

My main system will be a Jamesloudspeaker Cinema 15.

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
A little progress. All the plates are on, I take possession July 29th.

B

bmurphy2121

Audioholic
Looks real nice man wish I had the funds to do something like that myself. Congrats on getting the new place.

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
Looks real nice man wish I had the funds to do something like that myself. Congrats on getting the new place.
Thanks, I can't wait to get in and set everything up. I have another 5.1 system I'm doing for the kids, I will start a build thread for that as well. It's all Boston Acoustics in-wall HSI series, it's pretty slick as well.

B

bmurphy2121

Audioholic
I bet it is...as of now I have a nice set up just not the dedicated room for my stuff tho. Its in a living room that is pretty open so I know Im loosing some sound and quality cause of it but once I get my room it will be great. Cheers to you. Thats my next step tho.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Looks like you have the makings for a very nice home theater system. As efficient as your speakers are, an external amp is really not necessary. My 3805 provides all the power I have ever needed. One of the great features of a horn loaded speaker.

Congratulations and keep us posted on your progress. We would be more than happy to help when it comes time to calibrate and make speaker/sub placement decisions.

Enjoy your system and your new home!!!

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
Some progress. My furniture hasn't arrived but I managed to get things hooked up. The cabinet you see is just temporary, I haven't found the exact stand I'm wanting yet.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Looking good. That sub looks like a midget in comparison to most of your gear though :D

jnelson88

jnelson88

Audioholic
*Begins to drool* whoops sorry, very nice setup. Bet those speakers sound amazing in the room too.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Some progress. My furniture hasn't arrived but I managed to get things hooked up. The cabinet you see is just temporary, I haven't found the exact stand I'm wanting yet.

this is awesome.

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
Very nice. Wish I had a dedicated room. I'm trying to do something similar in equipment but in a family-room/kitchen area.

How do those CDT-5650 in-ceiling speakers sound? Are they set as rear surrounds or side surrounds in your 7.1 system?

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
Very nice. Wish I had a dedicated room. I'm trying to do something similar in equipment but in a family-room/kitchen area.

How do those CDT-5650 in-ceiling speakers sound? Are they set as rear surrounds or side surrounds in your 7.1 system?
Haven't really done much sound testing yet. They are setup as rears.

B

bmurphy2121

Audioholic
So that is what my setup will look like when I have my own room, except mine is Def Tech lol. Looks good man keep us posted hope yoiu enjoy it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis