My Infinity Perfect Enclosures.

Matt34

Matt34

Picked them up after work today. Love the way they turned out, might do something different stain wise but the wife approved of them so maybe not.;)

I hope to have them operational tomorrow night.:D:D

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Those look great (as does the pooch)! I like that stain a lot.

I haven't been keeping up with everything here lately - where did you have those made? Thanks.

Matt34

Matt34

Those look great (as does the pooch)! I like that stain a lot.

I haven't been keeping up with everything here lately - where did you have those made? Thanks.
Found a local cabinet builder on Craigslist and just printed off the plans Andrew posted for him.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, Matt!

I see that you have the same garbage pick-up company as I do. That reminds me, I should put mine out for tomorrow morning...

J

jamie2112

Banned
Awesome Matt. You are going to be suprised when you hook those babys up......so will your nieghbors.......:D

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
i put mine in the middle of the port then sealed off the hole where the wire came through the side of the port.. But thats not an option for you at this point. I mainly did it because I didnt like the way it would look to have it on the sides.

Matt34

Matt34

i put mine in the middle of the port then sealed off the hole where the wire came through the side of the port.. But thats not an option for you at this point. I mainly did it because I didnt like the way it would look to have it on the sides.
I was hoping you didn't put it through the port.:(:D I'll figure out something tomorrow. I'll probably just put the back plate in one of the corners.

J

jamie2112

Banned
They are right next to me on my desk. ;) In fact, I wanted to ask you where did you put yours?
Matt you will be good putting in the plate on the back corner. It will be tough to get your wire secured to the cabinet though as it is already sealed. I would recommend some kind of non corrosive adheasive to secure what parts of the cable you can get to.Did you get your rockwool yet?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Matt you will be good putting in the plate on the back corner. It will be tough to get your wire secured to the cabinet though as it is already sealed. I would recommend some kind of non corrosive adheasive to secure what parts of the cable you can get to.Did you get your rockwool yet?
A staple gun would probably be easier than glue ;).

J

jamie2112

Banned
A staple gun would probably be easier than glue ;).
You are right buddy, but I was just thinking the hole for the plate will not be big enough for his hand and a staple gun as well as he won't be able to see. I was just thinking that may work but Andrew is the master....

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
You are right buddy, but I was just thinking the hole for the plate will not be big enough for his hand and a staple gun as well as he won't be able to see. I was just thinking that may work but Andrew is the master....
Ohh, I was thinking a different spot for the binding posts than you were.

You could do what I did on my first sub build...I forgot that I would need binding posts so I just cut a hole in the bottom and put feet on the sub and had it mounted that way. Nice and hidden, you could barely tell I screwed up :D.

Matt34

Matt34

I'm going to get some gramma pads so nogo on putting them on the bottoms. I'll figure it out tomorrow evening and post it up. Thanks for the advice.

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
Those sure are pretty. All of these new subs around here have me craving for one :( Man I need to have a few good months of work. I can't wait to see these up and running.

Matt34

Matt34

Yeah I got a big sheet of OC705 and some not to spec rockwool that I accidently ordered sitting at the house. I'll take some more pics tonight as I put everything together.

Is it imperative that I secure the wire inside the box? I figured if I use some of the heavier 12ga speaker wire it won't be making any noise hanging free.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah I got a big sheet of OC705 and some not to spec rockwool that I accidently ordered sitting at the house. I'll take some more pics tonight as I put everything together.

Is it imperative that I secure the wire inside the box? I figured if I use some of the heavier 12ga speaker wire it won't be making any noise hanging free.
Why wouldn't you? You scared of a stapler?:p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis