My HT that has been together for a while

1kwik72

Audioholic Intern
We put this together about 6yrs ago I just recently dug out a disc with these pictures on it.

Starting construction pictures I had to move a sliding door from where the right of the stage is now to the stairway hall.

We filled in the hole from the door and built a stage I also eventually covered the small window as well.

We built a wall at the back of the room to separate it from the utility room and built a riser.

Here it is once it was all painted and set up. It has a few additional posters now and the requisite popcorn maker that aren't in these pictures. The stone fireplace was there when we bought the house we added the gas log to make it functional. It is especially nice on those cold winter evenings

Reciever: Yamaha RX-V1400
HDTV: Mitsubishi 65" WS-65313
Main speakers: Klipsch RF-62
Subwoofer: B & W ASW600
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-10
Rear surrounds: Klipsch RB-61
Center channel: Klipsch RC-62
DVD player: Yamaha DVD S540
DirectV reciever: HDDVR HR20-700

Craig

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Looks good. The entertainment system is too big for the space though.

I would not have put such a large piece of furniture in such a small space.

This has really compromised your front speaker positioning.

Good luck and keep us posted on your project.

1kwik72

Audioholic Intern
Looks good. The entertainment system is too big for the space though.

I would not have put such a large piece of furniture in such a small space.

This has really compromised your front speaker positioning.

Good luck and keep us posted on your project.
Thanks for the input. The space looks a little smaller in the pictures than it is. The room is actually quite long just fairly narrow. Viewing distances are 10 and 15 feet for the 2 rows with the room being just a little over 23' It would have been nice to have about 4 extra feet of width but we had to work with what we had. If i get a chance I will shoot a couple of current pictures we seem to have collected more stuff since these were shot :D

Craig

1kwik72

Audioholic Intern
i dont see the sub.
It's behind the left front speaker. It is hard to see in the pictures but the TV/entertainment center and front speakers sit about 2' from the front wall. If I move the right front speaker out of the way I can walk behind the entire setup for access to the wiring.

Craig

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Craig, looks very nice! Quite a difference from what it was originally. I really like the fireplace. I wish that I had one, myself. :)

1kwik72

Audioholic Intern
The fireplace really helps out being in the basement. It can take the chill off on the coldest of winter nights. If you run it on high very long it can get downright hot. Here are a couple more pictures I took today. The first one shows the sub behind the entertainment center. Looks like someone needs to dust :eek:. The other 2 show what it looks like currently. I pulled the speaker grills off for effect. I do have to correct the speaker models I listed above. I was going by memory and today I glanced at the model numbers. They are all 5 series (RF-52, RC-52, RB-51 RS-25)

M

mnatiq

Audioholic
It's behind the left front speaker. It is hard to see in the pictures but the TV/entertainment center and front speakers sit about 2' from the front wall. If I move the right front speaker out of the way I can walk behind the entire setup for access to the wiring.

Craig
cool i c it now. lol. thats for the pics.

btw it must be nice to walk behind ur system 4 the wiring.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I like it, Craig. I think you did a great job with the space. I'm a fan of the Klipsch gear as well. Too bad you're a Lions fan. What did you do with the old couch? I kinda want it.

1kwik72

Audioholic Intern
I like it, Craig. I think you did a great job with the space. I'm a fan of the Klipsch gear as well. Too bad you're a Lions fan. What did you do with the old couch? I kinda want it.
Thanks, up next is debating on a Blu-ray player and weather or not to replace the reciever so I can do HDMI switching.

The wife would be the Lions fan, and as of the last couple years that is open for debate. As far as the couch its long gone, I don't remember if my brother took it or we had it hauled away :D

Thanks for the suggestion bandphan I'll get the wife right on that ;)

Craig

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis