My HT, ALMOST finished :) *Pics Inside*

Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
Alright everybody, here it is, my Home Theater. I've been working on it for about a month now, and because I am a Senior in High School, I have been limited in space to my bedroom. The specs are located in my signature, so if you have any questions about the equipment, check it out there. And here it is...

I know the pictures are bad, but I have my windows completely blocked out via blackout cloth, so lighting isn't exactly on my side. Two things are going to be changed, first, the side table is going to be outfitted with a glass top (the silver wooden one is just there so I have something to put stuff on), and the speakers are going to be mounted properly (no money for mounts :p). By the end of march, I should be adding a PB10-ISD as well. All comments, and/or critisizm is welcomed as I am continually looking for ways to improve my system.

Mike

W

westcott

Audioholic General
You have done a great job with the very limited space you have. I really like the color choice.;)
The only suggestion I have is to raise the center channel off the floor and move it higher and more in line with the tweeters of your floor standers, or as close as you can get.

Early reflections off the floor and the distance from the screen can lessen the quality your system is capable of.

Congratulations!

Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
Thanks for you're input, and about the center channel, I am still looking for a nice mount that matches the rest of the system. Money is a bit of a problem too ;) I'm hoping to have all of my speaker mounts, as well as a new center and surrounds to timber match my system, and a new sub by the end of march.

majorloser

majorloser

LOOKS GREAT!

Don't worry about not being finished. You never will be.....:)

Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
LOL, so true. By finished, I meant all of the necessary components to have a complete system. After that, ill be upgrading to separates, and I want to buy a better screen for my projector such as a Carada. Anyways, thanks for the input

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Very nice!

Good job it looks great!

BTW did you clean your room just for us?:rolleyes:

SBF1

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Very nice.

Just a thought... how do you like the L-R seperation on the mains. They look a little close together for how far you sit from them. Remember the golden triangle rule?

Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
I cleaned up my room a bit before I took the pictures, but I usually try to keep my room clean and organiaed. And to address the speaker question, I sit about 8 ft away from my front speakers, while the L & R speakers are about 6 ft apart.

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
Rocky, love the system very clean, I was suprised at the image quality of that projector and screen.

~Bob

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Very impressive. You have a nicer system than most twice your age. May I ask if and where you work? ;)

When I was in HS, I remember having a set of AAL 12" 3 way speakers, a JVC 30wpc receiver, Toshiba auto-reverse cassette deck with Dolby NR :rolleyes: , BSR 10 band eq, and a Pioneer turn table.

I'm guessing the setup in the HT/family room is awesome based on the bedroom setup.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I think we all can agree when I say..

Its time for a new Avatar. :)

Nice system. Very clean, just the way I like it.

SheepStar

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Great job Rocky! Man, the broads must be lined up...
<ahem> I mean the ladies must be very impressed with your set up. Now where is that damn Jealous emoticon...

Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
LOL guys, the ladies are definitely quite impressed, but I wish I had a couch for those scary movies when they like to jump all over you :p. Actually, my family room setup, and my basement setup both suck. I keep trying to get my parents to invest money into both of them because they have so much potential, but apparently there is no need. They like spending money on other things like cars, our cottage, and our pool, which, as I just found out cost a HELUVA lot more then I thought it ever would have. My family room is 21 x 16, and the basement TV room is 25 x 12. Both have ends that are concave and feature bay windows so they look like this /---\ perfect for putting a roll down projector screen. If i could just have my way. Oh well, we can't all be perfect :p BTW, any suggestions for getting them to invest money into either of those two rooms would be more then welcome. For anyone interested, below is a list of future upgrades:

1) Sinclair SB160 or SB150 Rears
2) Sinclair SB250 Center
3) Hsu STF-2 or STF-3
(all will likely come at the same time)
4) Rotel Separates to replace my Kenwood receiver
5) APC power conditioner
6) Equipment Rack

BTW, I dont really even have a job. In the summers I work at my parents factory making 10 bucks an hour and during the rest of the time I run my own computer hardware review site www.extensivemods.com

Last edited:
Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
I would say Outlaw Audio performance competes with the sub $3000 range of the Rotel stuff.

Model 990 + 7125 + LFM-1 is best bang for your buck.

IF you go to the SHOP link you can see the combo pricing for this stuff. Not only would be able to get the separates but also a really nice sub which was co-designed by HSU for $2297USD.

~Bob

Last edited:
Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
Thanks a lot for the comments guys, it means a lot. To comment on the Outlaw suggestion, I was looking at Outlaw, and they still aren't out of the picture, but I was thinking about getting two amps, a 5x120 and a 200x2 or two 200w monoblocks. Outlaw doesn't offer those, and I want my separates to be matching, thus the Rotel choice. Outlaw is still not out of the picture yet though ;). Another thing that was making me lean towards Rotel was the fact that I could buy their stuff locally, and not have to worry about shipping to Canada. Rotel seems to be the best choice at my price point right now. If you guys have any more suggestions, I am more then open to hearing them.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Very, Very nice.
I am impressed as well.
Stand for the center.
Deadbolt for the door.;)

Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
Hehe, yes, I know, I really need this stand, but just today I angled the front up so that it was pointed just below listening level, so it's not aimed at my feet anymore. It sounds much better. Im not one to buy things just because I need them either, I like to wait until I find something that I really like, and that that goes with my design.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
killer looking rig especially for still being in high school,when i was in high school all i had was an old 8 track player:D

Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
I just decided to sell one of my Computer Cases along with my 500$ brand new water cooling setup for about 550-600 CAD, so I am hoping to be able to get the sub within the next week or so. If any of you are interested in the water cooling, I would be more then happy to negotiate a deal. (I'm not expecting any of you to be interested though :p)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis