My experience with accessories4less.com

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have read about this site on these forums for a while and a co-worker of mine was putting together a system on a tight budget, so I recommended checking it out based on feedback. Overall the experience was not bad, he ordered a Yamaha TSR 7790 (I think this is a Costco specific model but same as another)

• Ordering was easy
  • Shipping was quick
  • Product looked to be in good condition

I would have to say the only negative experience was the fact that they only sent him a cheaply, poor quality Xerox copied of the manual that was not complete. I understand that you save money buying refurbished, but that was a little on the tacky side. I would have much rather of them just sent a quick note where to download the manual from.

I know this is not a big deal, but when you are a little hesitant to buy refurbished and then get something like that, it would give me pause for concern.

I know it's not a big deal and I am nit picking, but I did find that strange. Unit seems functional as I am helping him set it up and the savings are large.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not saying it's right that they don't send the full manual, but they're easy to find online. So if that's the worst of it, then that's pretty good. Hopefully it holds up for him.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I agree that it would be more professional to just email you link to the manual instead of sending a poor copy. But at least that is nothing too serious, most important is that the unit works well.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A4L provides the resale package from the manufacturer; likely an appointed provider who goes through them, adds necessary connectors/accessories and manuals and packs it up. Manuals are better online in any case.

S

Steve M

Junior Audioholic
If i remember i got my 8802a for around $2600 from them, and glad they did not put a manual in it as its 300 pages ! and it came with a set of b&w head phones ,I saved $$$ with them and great people to deal with

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Smallpdf.com does some very interesting functions with pdf files, especially when you don't have full adobe Acrobat on your pc.
Like enabling copy/paste on documents preventing that

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
If i remember i got my 8802a for around $2600 from them, and glad they did not put a manual in it as its 300 pages ! and it came with a set of b&w head phones ,I saved $$$ with them and great people to deal with
As a AV8802A owner, they do not give you a manual, they give you a CD when you buy it new, which I got mine new for $2500 :) from a local authorized dealer who misquoted the price but honored it.

At the end of the day its working fine and my co-worker likes it. As I stated it is mostly positive experience. My point about the whole thing being, a cheaply Xeroxed manual would scare me only because if it is a factory refurbished unit, I wouldn't expect the company (Yamaha) in this case to provide something like that and would have my doubts if it were really factory refurbished.

• Agree online manuals are much better
  • Don't advertise manual included if it is not
Pretty simple, and I think my example is a little blown out of proportion ;)

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
I got a denon x4000 refurbished from x 4 less. Love it can't remember about the manual. I think I got a cd. Don't think I got a paper copy.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis