My Diy LLT sub boxes

Eng-399

Eng-399

Audioholic Intern
Hi guys first time posting right now I thought I would share some of the diy sub boxes I made. The subs I'm using are Stereo Interity HT-18 D2 subs and I have 4 or them. The box size is 44" wide 40" tall and the width is 20". The front I used a double baffle on and tnuts to hold the sub down. Here's a few pictures.
Mike

Attachments

annunaki

annunaki

Interesting design. Those enclosures are huge. Must be a pain to move them.

What does the group delay look like on those things with tuning so low? Also what is the vent velocity with rated power along with the 1st vent resonance?

Eng-399

Eng-399

Audioholic Intern
Interesting design. Those enclosures are huge. Must be a pain to move them.

What does the group delay look like on those things with tuning so low? Also what is the vent velocity with rated power along with the 1st vent resonance?
I wish I knew the answer I had another person design these for me with winisd. I terrible at designing these but good at building boxes...I look into it and report back here.

Eng-399

Eng-399

Audioholic Intern
Right now there done and really sound great! I also have 4 more 12" inch subs right behind me last row of chairs for Nearfield bass. Those are infinity 1262 ref subs powered by a inuke 3,000 dsp amp. The room metered at 129db in bass but that pegged the spl meter so I'm not sure if they will go to much louder. Here the picture of the meter.

Attachments

annunaki

annunaki

Can your mains keep up with all that!? Sheesh!

You may want to ask who designed your enclosures if they have that detail. When you are plumbing the depths of the spectrum it is important to know.

Eng-399

Eng-399

Audioholic Intern
Can your mains keep up with all that!? Sheesh!

You may want to ask who designed your enclosures if they have that detail. When you are plumbing the depths of the spectrum it is important to know.
Yep the mains keep up with them lol. As crazy as this sounds there's a big thread on avs that I-magic starts and he's using 15" behringer 15 pa speakers so I bought them to try them out and they sound great lol. I was going to go all diysg speakers in there but these sound great believe it or not..... Yep pa speakers

Eng-399

Eng-399

Audioholic Intern
All the boxes are painted now and its time to get them in the room. There really heavy...me and my buddy had a hard time stacking them on top of each other but we got it done.

Attachments

Eng-399

Eng-399

Audioholic Intern
Here's the room now it that it's all done. The bass is crazy loud we pegged the meter at 129.1 I'm not sure how much louder it goes. After running REW with my umm-6 mic the room is flat to 13hz. I'll post the graph. The mains keep up and down the road I'll be upgrading them with all diysg speakers. Lcr will be the 1099's and volt 10's for the other 4 surrounds. I can pressurize the room with the bass and make the dishes bounce up stairs in the china cabinet. I'll be adding anouther 4-12's for Nearfield to. Along with my other 4 that I already have. The whole movie experience is a lot of fun.

Attachments

Eng-399

Eng-399

Audioholic Intern
The entire basement build and HT room was done by me except the drywall and trim. It took about 2 years to finish the HT room along with the rest of the basement which is 2004sq feet. I installed a 3rd furnace so the basement would be on its own and not be tied into the first floor furnace. All the hard work was worth it. The sounds great my current project is an HTPC for the room.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
That is one sweet system! Hopefully one day I will be lucky enough to hear something like that! However, it does look a bit scary, will it hurt me?

Eng-399

Eng-399

Audioholic Intern
That is one sweet system! Hopefully one day I will be lucky enough to hear something like that! However, it does look a bit scary, will it hurt me?
Na it won't hurt you but it does sound pretty good in there. I gave a demo to my neighbors son today it was kind of funny he was holding onto the seats pretty hard durning the hulk and underworld clip! Good times hopefully I'll be able to get the 4 other 12's behind the seat this spring. The only problem right now is the bass is so loud it shakes the screen kind of bad. The lows are crazy though and shakes your pants and shirt when your standing up. No joke it really does.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Na it won't hurt you but it does sound pretty good in there. I gave a demo to my neighbors son today it was kind of funny he was holding onto the seats pretty hard durning the hulk and underworld clip! Good times hopefully I'll be able to get the 4 other 12's behind the seat this spring. The only problem right now is the bass is so loud it shakes the screen kind of bad. The lows are crazy though and shakes your pants and shirt when your standing up. No joke it really does.
AWESOME! Video Please. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis