Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been working on it for months and I now think it's worthy of this section so... pics! I love sharing pics. :)

20170415_103226-1305x734.jpg

20170413_131209-1305x734.jpg

20170415_103935-1305x734.jpg

I could move the loveseat/console more in the middle of the room to share the sweet spot more, but hardly anyone sits on the other side with me so I have it set to where I'm smack in the middle. Pretty sure you can guess where I sit... :D

That last one gives you guys an idea of the space I'm dealing with.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I've been working on it for months and I now think it's worthy of this section so... pics! I love sharing pics. :)

View attachment 20602

View attachment 20600

View attachment 20601

I could move the loveseat/console more in the middle of the room to share the sweet spot more, but hardly anyone sits on the other side with me so I have it set to where I'm smack in the middle. Pretty sure you can guess where I sit... :D

That last one gives you guys an idea of the space I'm dealing with.
Uuuuuummmmmm...I guess to sit in the only seat that really matters. Just like me!
Looks good man.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I bet guests get a kick out of your system when you demo it for them. They are like "what are those big black boxes on the floor?" and you say, "here, I'll show ya." Then when you start blasting their socks off, they are like "whoa!"

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I bet guests get a kick out of your system when you demo it for them. They are like "what are those big black boxes on the floor?" and you say, "here, I'll show ya." Then when you start blasting their socks off, they are like "whoa!"
That's funny. Neighbor Bob stopped by this afternoon to check it out. He's bought a couple of my hand-me-downs when I upgraded. I had it pretty low at first, but when I turned up, his eyes got big and the expression on his face... I love that look. :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh man, it's been a while... Coral keeps coming to mind.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Forgot to update. I wanted to just edit into the op, but it looks like the option I'd gone now? Maybe a mod could help me..? :D I just wanted to replace the top 2 with these. If not no biggie.

20170520_161039-1305x734.jpg

20170513_154516-1305x734.jpg

T

tigershark

Enthusiast
Love the setup. Did you just pull off those HSU logos and reorient them to horizontal on the Subs?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Love the setup. Did you just pull off those HSU logos and reorient them to horizontal on the Subs?
I did. I posted up how I did it and covered up the original adhesive here. I didn't want to put any adhesive on a spot that would mess up the fabric so I ended up using magnets

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I did. I posted up how I did it and covered up the original adhesive here. I didn't want to put any adhesive on a spot that would mess up the fabric so I ended up using magnets
Maybe it should be a sticky!!! Yeas, pun intended.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just thought a before and after was appropriate!

Before

After

Definitely a better/cleaner look! I'm sure the sound is better as it pans across in a movie.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey, thank you all for the nice comments! I've put some real work into it and I'm very happy with how everything turned out. :)
Just thought a before and after was appropriate!

Before

After

Definitely a better/cleaner look! I'm sure the sound is better as it pans across in a movie.
I'd probably look for something to go on either side of the center - maybe display a couple of classic album covers or a bust of Beethoven (like Linus has) if you want a music theme. I'd personally probably go with a bust of Bach and the LP cover from Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans (with Roger Dean Cover art). But you've got a nice, clean mono-chromatic look and the TFT album might clash, if so, maybe do an M.C Escher coffee table book. Or, maybe that is a task best left to your wife (and give her some ownership of the room)!
Just food for thought and living vicariously through you because my room is far too cluttered to attempt to display anything, it'd just blend in.:rolleyes:
Nice set-up!!!

Kew, thank you for the before and after and the suggestions. As you know, you played a big part in my decision to go with SVS Ultras and you nailed it. I love my speakers. Thanks Kew!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
No, I am pretty sure Pogre modeled his house after Malibu Barbie's digs:

It's OK, Pogre, everyone has a dream and you have achieved yours! I say bravo, and don't pay any attention to the naysayers!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No, I am pretty sure Pogre modeled his house after Malibu Barbie's digs:

It's OK, Pogre, everyone has a dream and you have achieved yours! I say bravo, and don't pay any attention to the naysayers!
Um... it's a precious moments theme, thank you very much. :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis