fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I hate it when updates or new posts happen in this thread. I see the title "My three way..." and I get all excited and then I read the last word and it's a huge let down. :p

Looking good though, nice to see you're making progress :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I hate it when updates or new posts happen in this thread. I see the title "My three way..." and I get all excited and then I read the last word and it's a huge let down. :p

Looking good though, nice to see you're making progress :D
When you see one of my threads starting with 'my 3 way' you can break out the hand lotion. When you see one of Adam's threads start with 'my 3 way' you can send sympathy cards out to Rick and Doug. :D

lsiberian, your procrastination kung fu is very powerful.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
When you see one of my threads starting with 'my 3 way' you can break out the hand lotion. When you see one of Adam's threads start with 'my 3 way' you can send sympathy cards out to Rick and Doug. :D

lsiberian, your procrastination kung fu is very powerful.
Funny thing my tai chi instructor in college told us this story about a man who wanted to learn the secrets to Tajiquan. His master told him to roll a stone to the top of the local mountain and then chisel it into a T. He did this came down and the master told him to repeat. He did it again and then again the master told him to repeat. After the third time the master said. You are finished and he asked the master what do the three Ts mean. He said, "Time things take Time."

I've had plenty of setbacks, but for me I enjoy building, failing and building again. Once I'm finished then the project is over and I have to find something else to do. I can't imagine what that's like.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
After the third time the master said. You are finished and he asked the master what do the three Ts mean. He said, "Time things take Time."
Wouldn't that be 4 T's? What am I missing?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

I glued the connection points for the front back braces before I glued the baffle one.

The other two baffles are already glued but the center pieces do make a perfectly sized table for gluing on.

Now the speakers are all ready for bracing.

Observations.
PL Construction Adhesive is superior to titebond for air tight speakers because it fills the gaps that can present themselves even on fairly precise cuts. I highly recommend it to all speakers builders over traditional titebond.
The outer inner method for CLD is much easier and more forgiving. As you see I don't have full panel coverage because it's unneeded.
A miter saw is much more fun to use than a hand saw for cutting 1x2 oak.

Next up is the rib bracing matrix.

Oh yeah don't forget the finish!

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
thx for update, keep on going mate!

Here's a very good choice too

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

Last Weekend I added all the insulation. When you are building 3 speakers it's a lot of work.

Now all the sides are glued on and braced. Next up is routing and sanding.

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Good stuff mate !!!!
Looking forward to see drivers in'ere :p

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Hey, it's still not too late.

Parts Express sells some really nice pre made cabinets for like not a ton of cash. :D

Seriously, why is all that therma-fiber exposed?
I still plan to put more fabric inside to cover it. I ran out of fabric though. You'd be amazed at how much fabric it takes wrap up the rockwool.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Gotta admit when I first read "three way" I got excited!!!! :D but then I worked out it was speakers :( they look good but

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You'd be amazed at how much fabric it takes wrap up the rockwool.
I'm sure you know but you can spray the mineral wool with that 3M adhesive from Home Depot to lock in the fibers.

You might want to use it to make your 'wrap' stick to the mineral wool.

Tidy that sh!t up! :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Did these ever get finished
Waiting on my replacement minidsp, power supplies for the minidsp, time to cut and build the amp crossover boxes, Then I'll be onto the testing crossover tuning phase. I did get a sound sweep from one of the speakers a couple weeks back. Unfortunately I simply haven't had a chance to go further with it yet.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis