MUSE S7 APE FLAC Player +TDA7498L Digital T-amp Amplifier

C

Cable_Designer

Audiophyte
MUSE S7 APE FLAC Player +TDA7498L Digital T-amp Amplifier

It is sold from China on Ebay and I need an SD Card Reader.

I am trying to get an answer to what this item is suppose to do as for connectivity
issues. Can I connect it into a SS Preamp such as a B&K Ref.50 or do I need to just
use it as a basic Amp\Preamp unit?

I see it has an Input which I can plug a DVDP into ,but can I use it
as a input device in order to use the SD Card connection?

It looks like an interesting piece!
TIA

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
It looks like the only outputs are speaker level..

What are you looking to actually do? you want to put muic on an sd card and play it through your amplifier? What is your budget to get it done?

C

Cable_Designer

Audiophyte
Ihave a B&K Amp and loads of speakers coming to me.

What I would ideally like to do is put all my MP3'a and CD Music on the SD card.
Have a DVDP player which I shall get in August a Pioneer Pro DVD V7400 which I can hook up to this unit or else
SS Preamp at a low cost.

I want to know if this unit I can use just as a Docking station for the SD Card when an
Affordable SS Proc\Pre becomes available. As I want ample Power for a 5.1 Setup
.but I do not want to sacrifice 2ch. for lousy a SS Theater setup.

Hope I explained that ok! Thanks for the help!

BTW I had a HSU sub a step above what you have. It's Ashame
people do not give his Subs more recognition.

To Add the Pioneer DVDP has no MP3 circuitry to get in the way of .cda recordings which makes it a great find.
John Atkinson of S-Phile explained to me why most all modern CD-DVD Player make recordings sound like Junk and
I am thinking of getting a few of those Puioneer units I also have an Old Phillips CD-80 I do not want sent
as I don't want it damaged in transit as It has one of the BEST Transport Mechanisms I know of.

If the T-Amp just gets me through till I find a great SS Proc\Pre then I will live with it as some of the spkrs.
I have are small bookshelves. 100w\ch. should be enough for a month or 2.

I guess I am Hoping that the MUSE unit's DAC\Amp section can be by-passed in order to just use it's SD Card Reading section
I can put 32GB of Music on an SD Card and MP3's Freq Dropoff is what hinders my wanting to use them to much
,but it's a way of cutting cost for many recordings I find and like.

Concerning a Budget I am looking to spend upwards of $300 on a SS Proc\Preamp and the goal is to be capable
of getting the best playback without compromising 2ch. playback. A Preamp that is neutral is a hard find and even using a
Passive Pre is good,but it comes at a cost of finding a DAC with enough gain and then there is Phono capability I want
in the future to be added.
Seeing that I design cables I need a system which is sensitive to change whereas any cable I intro cannot add coloration
or put another way I can tell are neutral.

In the past I have found components which are tweaked give the best bang for the buck and even if I need to invest
later to tweek the PS of the MUSE after getting the SS\Pre I will do that.

I simply refuse to buy a new or used D-Class amp or these new T-Amps at a heavy price as they are inexpensive to manf.
and I can add better components to cheap components bought at a low price. That is why I like some of the older
Amps and Speakers which I can overhaul and get close to SOTA without paying lucrative prices for. Hey,but that is just me!
I had that once and am seeking it again .I have he spkrs. and need to have the rest of the system now.

Last edited:
C

Cable_Designer

Audiophyte
You know thinking about it I am wondering weather I can use those Spkr. Output's directly to a Preamp which I could adjust Gain with the Vol. Controller for the unit. Does that make sense?

So if I use it in that way I can use the unit just as a SD Card Docking station and if I wish add any type of unit I wish to It's inputs such as a Cassette Deck with adjustable Gain ,right?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis