Multi-Channel Audio Downloads?

• Thread starter sterling shoote
  • Start date
S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
What means do I have to download and playback multi-channel music? Is multi-channel even out there from any on-line retailer? Right now, I have only been able to enjoy a very limited selection of multi-channel audio blu-ray's with most of my multi-channel pleasure is in the form of multi-channel SACD's. These disc based media however seem to be loosing ground.

Last edited:
S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
No advice on this makes me think perhaps the only means to enjoy multi channel music is SACD or Blu-Ray. I downloaded a piece of music the other day said to be 5.1 but I can not confirm since it appears I need a means to get it from my computer to multi channel pre/pro. Is there a USB to S/PDIF converter which any here would recommend?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
No advice on this makes me think perhaps the only means to enjoy multi channel music is SACD or Blu-Ray. I downloaded a piece of music the other day said to be 5.1 but I can not confirm since it appears I need a means to get it from my computer to multi channel pre/pro. Is there a USB to S/PDIF converter which any here would recommend?
The problem is the media players. The technology is there. However Adobe Flash does not support multi channel. Windows 10 does, as long as the site has an app for windows 10 you can download.
However Netflix is the only common site to have an App. The BPO have one, but it does not work!

Part of this hassle relates to having two common OS in use, Microsoft Windows and Apple OS.

That all creates double the work load for those setting up sites and programmers.

The BBC are working on this also, but BBC are dead set against the center channel which they regard as a definite detriment. They may well be right. Their work involves left right and surrounds. As I understand it they want the rear channels to be the rear back 7.1 position. For music that the BBC are concerned about, I think they are correct.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis