Moving to a new home in 2 years (already purchased)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
We (Mrs & I) have purchased a 2083sq ft town home (includes finished part of basement) in a down sizing exercise which we take pocession in Jun 2017. So I'm planning ahead to see what options I have as far setting up my 2nd system on the ground floor. Below is the floor plan and we are ordering the gourmet kitchen. It is an end unit which will have windows all around the great room. The system will most likely be set up on the wall between the two windows on the right side of the ground floor. Flooring is hardwood. I'm trying to figure out how to get the surrounds that will be on stands about 10ft out from that wall without tripping over wires.

View attachment 16825

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
In my research I've come across something like this . Anyone of you using something like this?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Floor boxes are typically used on stages in auditoriums for various connections (mic, speaker cables, etc.) and occasionally in office settings for recessed power. There’s no reason why it wouldn’t work in a residential setting for speaker wire. Often the company selling them will let you custom order what connections you want under the door. Probably unusual for them to do binding posts, but if not I’m sure they could do 1/4" or Speakon jacks.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm thinking recessed power and and the speaker jacks.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Cuh cuh Custom!!!!!!

Another thread this morning where I recommend finding a local wood worker. But this of course requires someone at least knowledgeable enough to modify a kit's cabinet for your purposes.

Not sure what I'll be doing in two years, but I'd be happy to load my Festool equipment up and take a road trip! Aren't you near Ottawa?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Cuh cuh Custom!!!!!!

Another thread this morning where I recommend finding a local wood worker. But this of course requires someone at least knowledgeable enough to modify a kit's cabinet for your purposes.

Not sure what I'll be doing in two years, but I'd be happy to load my Festool equipment up and take a road trip! Aren't you near Ottawa?
My wife and I went through the model again and I noticed that they had a fresh air return on the island facing the great room. I could put audio wall plates on the island and run the wires from there to the back of the couch using something like this..

http://www.amazon.ca/Cable-Shield-Cord-Cover-Length/dp/B0030W6TGE

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
They are beginning to prepare the ground for the townhome. Here's my view looking out of the back of the townhome (once built). Just green space.

townhome_view.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
What are the 3 yellow dots behind the couch? Speakers?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis