Mountain Dew - Throwback

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Mmmmmm....It has the old logo on it and it has natural sugar. It tastes a little more lemony; aka old recipe? I like it :D They had Pepsi Throwback as well, though I am not such a big Pepsi drinker anymore. Pretty much Dew, that south of the border Coke (also with real sugar), and Dr. Pepper. And when we can find them, Izzes - pear or apple.

shenaniganz

shenaniganz

Junior Audioholic
"natural sugar" Man looks like i'll stop by the store and look into this.....
as i type i sip from my Monster... mmmmmm I love sugar and guarana.....screw that 5 hour energy crap!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Mmmmmm....It has the old logo on it and it has natural sugar. It tastes a little more lemony; aka old recipe? I like it :D They had Pepsi Throwback as well, though I am not such a big Pepsi drinker anymore. Pretty much Dew, that south of the border Coke (also with real sugar), and Dr. Pepper. And when we can find them, Izzes - pear or apple.
Seriously don't bate me this way. I'm allergic to HFCS. I might get a soda. OMG

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I might just have to have a regular soda for the first time in years. That sounds really good.

It's pretty easy to find Izze around where I live. Come on over for a visit, John. :)

As for the 5-hour energy drink, I just heard about that stuff yesterday and was thinking about getting some. From Amazon, of course. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Seriously don't bate me this way. I'm allergic to HFCS. I might get a soda. OMG
I don't know what they mean by natrual sugar, since it isn't exactly defined, but it tastes good :) Not a big fan of HFCS myself, but it is in just about everything...

It's pretty easy to find Izze around where I live. Come on over for a visit, John.
They aren't that hard to find, just the specific flavors. I can find Clementine everywhere...but the pear ones seem like they are seasonal, and they probably are.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
BTW, Amazon has Izze Apple on Subscribe and Save - free shipping, plus 15% off. 24 8.4-ounce cans for $19.55. I don't know if that's good or not. I prefer the bottles, myself.

I didn't see any pear on there.

EDIT: Just saw your post, John. It certainly might be seasonal.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I actually hadn't heard about Throwback. I just noticed the different looking bottles in the cooler so I picked it up and saw the "natural sugar" part and I was all over it.

According to the article, it says it is a blend of cane and beet sugar, with cane being the preferred one. Oddly enough, I was recently working at C&H sugar earlier this year (one of our customers) and found that they produce/refine most of the sugar for the planet!! Right in my own back yard.

Here's the article

http://www.bevreview.com/2009/02/26/official-facts-about-pepsi-throwback-mountain-dew-throwback/

The BAD NEWS: It will only be available for about 8 weeks, Mid April to mid June.
I have a buddy who I work with who has issues with HFCS also, so maybe I will get him to try some of this.

Last edited:

Senior Audioholic
Old logo? The old logo had the Hillbilly, pig, and a different saying on every bottle.

You know if you have a Mexican store or market with a good Mexican section in it you can find Coke and other soda from Mexico that is still made with real sugar.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
"natural sugar" Man looks like i'll stop by the store and look into this.....
as i type i sip from my Monster... mmmmmm I love sugar and guarana.....screw that 5 hour energy crap!
I had one of those... freaking ridiculous.

Hit the wall 4 hours later.

SheepStar

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I had one of those... freaking ridiculous.

Hit the wall 4 hours later.
Are you talking about the 5-hour drink? If so, then...crap. I just ordered 12 of them from Amazon. A guy at work said that they really worked for him. I got the decaf version.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Are you talking about the 5-hour drink? If so, then...crap. I just ordered 12 of them from Amazon. A guy at work said that they really worked for him. I got the decaf version.
It did work, but I hit the wall hard after it did it's thing. Mine wasn't de-caf. Wouldn't de-caf defeat the purpose?

SheepStar

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hmmm. They claim that their advantage is that people don't hit the wall.

Well, I guess that I'll find out when I give it a try. :)

As for the decaf, I'm wondering if the vitamin burst will help me wake up and keep going in the morning.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm kinda bummed. I went to the store to get some Mountain Dew Throwback and some 5-hour Energy drink (just to try it). They had neither.

They did have some Newman's all natural pizza that I hadn't seen before, though. I've got a garlic chicken one cooking right now. Mmmm.

annunaki

annunaki

Picked up some throwback and I just had one.

My thanks to thread starter for bringing this to my attention. ;)

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
For all of you that aren't fans of HFCS, try Sobe Life Water or Glaceau Vitamin Water... I switched from Mountain Dew/Pepsi to these two beverages, and it really helps keep you feeling in better health, when you get those extra vitamins.

I did, however, see the Mountain Dew - Throwback at Trigs (Grocery store, sorry!) :rolleyes: And bought a few packs up. Yum!

annunaki

annunaki

For all of you that aren't fans of HFCS, try Sobe Life Water or Glaceau Vitamin Water... I switched from Mountain Dew/Pepsi to these two beverages, and it really helps keep you feeling in better health, when you get those extra vitamins.

I did, however, see the Mountain Dew - Throwback at Trigs (Grocery store, sorry!) :rolleyes: And bought a few packs up. Yum!

I like soda every now and again. I don't care for Sobe & such too often.

Quality black coffee is more my brand for a pick me up.

Where are you at?

Rhinelander, Eagle River, Minoqua, or Wausau?? Those are the only places I know of that have a Trig's in WI?

I am enjoying another throwback now. Tasty!

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I used to drink regular Coke religiously. I would go through multiple 20oz bottles per day. When I stopped doing that I lost nearly 20 pounds and now I'm at a normal weight. Now that I've cut way down on sugared soda I find most soda to be too sweet. I still enjoy a regular Coke once in a while but I drink mostly Coke Zero and diet Barqs, which are the two diet sodas that actually taste good to me. I also used to drink regular Monster quite often but now it's LO-Carb Monster only and I can't stand how overly sweet regular Monster is.

I've never been a Dew drinker but I might have to try it with real sugar in it.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I've only had a sip of the new dew, not enough to give it a good judgment. But since Dew is my favorite soda you can expect me to go out and pick up a case or two :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis