highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
FTFY. G not M. HDMI is upto 1000 times more bandwidth than your home internet
But the signal is buffered, so there's no problem with latency unless the network has high traffic, inherent problems, etc. There's no way the stream could work in real time because the internet ISN'T able to operate at GB speeds in all locations. I have disconnected/rebooted my network and Pandora on my Roku just keeps playing- sometimes for more than a whole song. I haven't tested this with video, but I know they buffer that because I have seen 'buffering' on the screen when I have watched NetFlix.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
But the signal is buffered, so there's no problem with latency unless the network has high traffic, inherent problems, etc. There's no way the stream could work in real time because the internet ISN'T able to operate at GB speeds in all locations. I have disconnected/rebooted my network and Pandora on my Roku just keeps playing- sometimes for more than a whole song. I haven't tested this with video, but I know they buffer that because I have seen 'buffering' on the screen when I have watched NetFlix.
huh?

My reply was simply to correct slip's confusion of hdmi bandwidth. nothing more.
What you're talking about is not really related and tbh ... confusing

highfigh

highfigh

huh?

My reply was simply to correct slip's confusion of hdmi bandwidth. nothing more.
What you're talking about is not really related and tbh ... confusing
Speed varies and content needs to be buffered- the content providers have no way of knowing or guaranteeing the integrity of the Web, so they do this automatically. I don't see why it's not related to the discussions about internet speed. If it wasn't buffered, no 802.11g/n network would be capable of streaming this kind of signal reliably. Compression and buffering allow it.

highfigh

highfigh

And what does a Smart Car have to do with going somewhere and piling food on plates?

My cousin says " 'Buffet' is French for 'Get up and get it, yourself' ".

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Linked video is related due to word play (buffering/buffering) - It's somewhat unrelated just like your comments in this thread :)
buffeting is also unrelated to Buffet.
https://jalopnik.com/why-do-slightly-opened-car-windows-make-that-awful-soun-1447498738

I think I see. You wanted to expand on whole internet speed vs actual video streaming experience.
Yes, a very common solution to issue of not wanting to wait very long time until the movie downloads whole is to pre-load small part of it and play it while catching next small segment. It's what buffering is in shell.
Now buffering could go so far - if your internet speed is very slow - you'll have to pre-download VERY large percent of the content to have good (uninterrupted) experience. In some cases it's just not possible.
One can't stream 4k video on DSL - it just won't work right.

It's a fairly technical to know what sustained internet speed is needed for every type of video streams and in most cases it's best to rely on content provider recommendation, not one made by your isp.

highfigh

highfigh

Linked video is related due to word play (buffering/buffering) - It's somewhat unrelated just like your comments in this thread :)
buffeting is also unrelated to Buffet.
https://jalopnik.com/why-do-slightly-opened-car-windows-make-that-awful-soun-1447498738

I think I see. You wanted to expand on whole internet speed vs actual video streaming experience.
Yes, a very common solution to issue of not wanting to wait very long time until the movie downloads whole is to pre-load small part of it and play it while catching next small segment. It's what buffering is in shell.
Now buffering could go so far - if your internet speed is very slow - you'll have to pre-download VERY large percent of the content to have good (uninterrupted) experience. In some cases it's just not possible.
One can't stream 4k video on DSL - it just won't work right.

It's a fairly technical to know what sustained internet speed is needed for every type of video streams and in most cases it's best to rely on content provider recommendation, not one made by your isp.
What does buffeting have to do with any of this?

I don't know how well DSL works (or not) with 4K video because I had to dump DSL and switch to U-Verse in order to increase my internet speed. The fact is, ATT's hardware sucks and wireless suffered when I tried to connect my Roku boxes and stream reliably. I posted that I installed a Luxul router and it has been far better, so far. With the ATT wireless turned on, my iPhone would drop the connection regularly and in order to use the remote control app, I had to reconnect. So far, the only reason I have to do that is after I return to my house and when I use the slider at the bottom of the screen to press the button that turns the WiFi on, it immediately connects- something that almost never happened before. I just signed up for NetFlix again and it loaded much faster than ever. If it buffers while I'm watching, I'll report that, too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis