Monster Cable Shifts Back Into Lawsuit Gear Against Monster Transmission

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The supposed Monster employee has been very much missing in this discussion...there was a hint that more information was to be divulged or blanks were going to be filled in...

-pat
Monster is going to let one of their retards loose and start speaking on their behalf here ???
C'mon fellas ... :rolleyes:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
... Oh wait... did I mention... that the cable is BLUE?!
I wonder if that is not a patent infringement on Blue Jeans Cables. Hey Kirt, where are you?
Time to take MC on head on and drive them to bankruptcy:D

B

bathurstix

Audiophyte
In The Past Year Before I Learned Of Monster Cables Egregious Conduct I Purchased For Myself And Two Of My Children's Homes More Than $10,000 Of Its Products. I Anticipated Ourchasing At Least That Amount This Year For A Second Home And My Daughter's Home That Is Under Construction.
Never Again Will I Purchase A Monster Cable Product. Somehow This Forum And Its Members Must Shout Out To The World And Alert Everyone To Monster's Indespicable Behavior.
I Understand Aggressive Trademark Protection;i Am A Lawyer.
But Monster Does Not Have A Brand Name Such As Coke,tabasco Or Other World Wide Names That Are Truly Associated With One Product. Monster Has Not Risen To The Level That Consumers Associate Monster With Cables.
And, As A Consequence Of Its Groundless, Harrassing Tactics It Never Will Rise To Such A Level.

highfigh

highfigh

Having been in audio/video retail for over 30 years, I would hate to be in the position of buying that much in Munster Cable and then finding out that something that's equal or better could be had for much less. I did some work for a Munster dealer and actually felt guilty when I had to do a total of the parts and supplies. I really don't like charging someone $1.50/ft for 14/4 speaker cable and if I worked for someone who sells the really stupid 4 conductor in the big, fat gray jacket, they'd have to fire me for not selling it.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

In The Past Year Before I Learned Of Monster Cables Egregious Conduct I Purchased For Myself And Two Of My Children's Homes More Than $10,000 Of Its Products. I Anticipated Ourchasing At Least That Amount This Year For A Second Home And My Daughter's Home That Is Under Construction.
Never Again Will I Purchase A Monster Cable Product. Somehow This Forum And Its Members Must Shout Out To The World And Alert Everyone To Monster's Indespicable Behavior.
But Monster Does Not Have A Brand Name Such As Coke,tabasco Or Other World Wide Names That Are Truly Associated With One Product. Monster Has Not Risen To The Level That Consumers Associate Monster With Cables.
And, As A Consequence Of Its Groundless, Harrassing Tactics It Never Will Rise To Such A Level.

Welcome:D

And thanks for your insights:) Your confession is accepted and sins are forgiven. Now go and sin no more:D

J

jamie2112

Banned
At least you are well aware of their tactics and don't ever buy from them again.I would also suggest letting anyone who will listen in your circle know about nonster as well........

C

cvcgolf

Audioholic
I can understand a company trying to protect itself and it's name recognition but the thing that gets me is that most people walking the streets most likely have no idea who or what Monster cable is. In the big scheme of things (or companies) Monster cable just isn't a house hold name. I guess for some reason they just believe they are.

M

MonsterMiniGolf

Junior Audioholic
This was disappointing to read.
Has anyone gotten a status report, from either Monster Cable or Monster Transmission, since Monster Ted's post on April 9th?
-Patrick Vitagliano

jinjuku

jinjuku

Sorry Couldn't Resist Capitalizing Every Word...:D

chriscmore

chriscmore

Junior Audioholic
Of course they lose sales. I once set out to buy a Monster Cable and instead found myself buying a Monster Energy drink.

It's so confusing...

:rolleyes:

P

Pete_A

Banned
Monstrous Ingnorance?

Sure its fun to follow the crowd. It doesn't make you popular but it might raise your flagging ego a little. It doesn't take much brain power to repeat what every one else says even though using different words make you feel smart.

Believe it or not, Monster Cable has a line of products for automobile audio systems! Check their site or search for 'Monster Performance Car' on their web site. Of course its easier to just bash people you don't know than check your facts.

*yawn*

The terms they offer for use of the trademark aren't public knowledge, neither are the terms for 'apple', 'xerox', 'pledge', 'time', etc. Oh, "I pledge I'll take a dump of the apple I ate yesterday at this exact time time, then take a picture of it and send eveyone a xerox copy of it".

am i cool now?

Yes, I used to work for the company. My pet peeve about these threads is just that so much of what I've read that is negative about Noel has been blatantly racist. Maybe that's not so true of Audioholics as other forums, but my experience with Noel, Dave Tognotti and most of the rest of the company is that they're just as decent people as most of the rest of the world.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
Will the madness never end?

I'm not going to throw out the two Monster cables that I own, but I seriously doubt that I will ever buy another one. This stuff annoys me to no end.
lol.. not sure it will my friend. I have nothing bad to say about the company. I just wont buy anything from them because of the cost of the products, that it.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Sure its fun to follow the crowd. It doesn't make you popular but it might raise your flagging ego a little. It doesn't take much brain power to repeat what every one else says even though using different words make you feel smart.

Believe it or not, Monster Cable has a line of products for automobile audio systems! Check their site or search for 'Monster Performance Car' on their web site. Of course its easier to just bash people you don't know than check your facts.

*yawn*

The terms they offer for use of the trademark aren't public knowledge, neither are the terms for 'apple', 'xerox', 'pledge', 'time', etc. Oh, "I pledge I'll take a dump of the apple I ate yesterday at this exact time time, then take a picture of it and send eveyone a xerox copy of it".

am i cool now?

Yes, I used to work for the company. My pet peeve about these threads is just that so much of what I've read that is negative about Noel has been blatantly racist. Maybe that's not so true of Audioholics as other forums, but my experience with Noel, Dave Tognotti and most of the rest of the company is that they're just as decent people as most of the rest of the world.
Wow what a way to earn everyones respect here by degrading us on your 1st post. I gave you a Red chicklet because I am tired of hearing about poor Noel Lee.Whatever....you are barking up the wrong forum here......I am not following the crowd. I think for myself. I know much about audio and signal distro. I also KNOW that MC is wwwaaaayyyy overpriced and their lawsuits are enough to make even the common person laugh.I also know that all of the claims and in store setups which are totally biased and geared toward deceiving the customer are freaking bogus. Like I said I think for myself and your 1st post didn't need to degrade any of us who post here. I suggest you go somewhere else to spew your madness..........Have a nice day.

J

jamie2112

Banned

*yawn*

am i cool now?

UUMMMM you didn't notice my sig huh?

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Someone told me once, that when you go down the past to resurrect the dead, the dead come back at you, and won't let go till you reach their state.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Believe it or not, Monster Cable has a line of products for automobile audio systems! Check their site or search for 'Monster Performance Car' on their web site.
It looks to me like Monster Inc is just using this thread to promote their line of car audio products. In the vein of "any publicity is good publicity", unwitting consumers may happen upon this page and end up performing the search suggested by Monster's new tool, Pete_A. Think about it, he even typed the exact search parameter, 'Monster Performance Car' for people to link directly to Monster's own page.

Monster is not a site sponsor, quite the opposite in fact. It would be a shame to let Monster use a thread intended to expose Monster's heinous business practices to actually aid Monster in acquiring new victims....I mean customers. No...I mean victims.

Monster's sales and ad staff are no dummies. I bet they think they can drum up new business from this thread even after Monster has been exposed as the scum of the corporate world. I bet they think they can make something positive about this by gaining free advertising for their car audio line. I say, make Monster pay for this not so subtle advertising spam or delete this section of the post that is completely unrelated to the thread subject or the rest of Pete_A's post. It's clearly just a plug to sell more Monster product.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Great post Dave, also Jamie's post just a bit higher.

^ Ya! Take this Monster, listen to my buddy Dave above. You're dead, and stay dead.

We don't want your crappy and irresponsable practices infect our lifes. :mad:
There's enough bull sh*t in this world, without you guys promoting more of it.

That's my 0.02 cents, and that's just common sense.

LOTR

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

... Maybe that's not so true of Audioholics as other forums, but my experience with Noel, Dave Tognotti and most of the rest of the company is that they're just as decent people as most of the rest of the world.
If you insist, just to keep the peace;):D:eek:

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
This thread has been dead for what? Three months?

*yawn*

am i cool now?

You should have left it that way.

I don't see calling someone scum for their predatory busines spractices as racist. I see it more as a realist. Two similar but different words.

I guess Bernie Madoff's friends and associates that made money off his schemes thought he was a nice guy, too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis