monoprice wall mounts

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I need a wall mount for a 40" Samsung. I was checking mono price and they have some around $25.oo, are these any decend or should I look elsewhere?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I have used both the fixed and tilt mount mono-price models and found them to be very good for the money. I also have a much more expensive Sanus tilt mount and while I would say it is of better quality (less sharp edges, easier adjustment, heavier gage metal) it was not worth 4x the cost.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I use a tilting wall mount from monoprice, it was like $42 shipped or something like that, and it works great... I don't think you can beat them for the cost.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the quick response. Looks like I can't go wrong for that price.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Fwiw I installed a 54" and 58" panasonic plasma using product ID # 3900. Just make sure you pre-drill all your holes for the lag screws, over torquing could cause them to snap.:)

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
For a 40" the Monoprice is perfect. I was using a Sanus when I had my LCD, and it was nice, but I recently used a Monoprice for a friend and it worked just fine. I agree it isn't as thick, but, unless your hanging a 65" plasma or something the extra cost isn't justified.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
For a 40" the Monoprice is perfect. I was using a Sanus when I had my LCD, and it was nice, but I recently used a Monoprice for a friend and it worked just fine. I agree it isn't as thick, but, unless your hanging a 65" plasma or something the extra cost isn't justified.
I just ordered the mount, (2) 6' HDMI and (1) optical 9' or 10' -with shipping $39.51. I firgured I give them a shoot, how can you go wrong. I am really looking forward to compare their HDMI to my $330.oo HDMI cable. Might not be able to tell the difference. By the way I did not pay $330.oo, I did get it for a fraction of the cost.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I just ordered the mount, (2) 6' HDMI and (1) optical 9' or 10' -with shipping $39.51. I firgured I give them a shoot, how can you go wrong. I am really looking forward to compare their HDMI to my $330.oo HDMI cable. Might not be able to tell the difference. By the way I did not pay $330.oo, I did get it for a fraction of the cost.
My only complaint with the Monoprice HDMI cables is that the 'professional' ones are so thick that they are difficult to turn and unless they are properly pinned, can bend their pins under their own weight. With some cable ties and care they are a great cable, and for sure what I recommend, but I still wanted to give you the heads up on that.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Got my wall mount yesterday from mono price. Took about 10 days to get here because I've choosen the cheapest shipping. I was surprised to get such good quality mount for that price. Installation took less a
than 1 hour. I could'nt be happier with it.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Glad to hear it worked out well for you. I'm sure the delayed shipping was worth the savings you got.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Glad to hear it worked out well for you. I'm sure the delayed shipping was worth the savings you got.
I have to be honest, for that price I did expect a cheese mount, but nothing cheese about this mount. I feel like a thiev, made my day.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I have to be honest, for that price I did expect a cheese mount, but nothing cheese about this mount. I feel like a thiev, made my day.
Kinda how I felt when I got mine, especially seeing what a decent mount cost at the local best buy.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
After I installed my display, my brother had me order the same one but even thicker(gauge steel) from monoprice just for good measure...I told him it wasn't necessary but WTH for an additional few bucks it gave him that reassurance(although his TV was the 58").

Regards, Bill

Last edited:
walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
For a 58" you need a little stronger one then the one I bought, but for the 40" it's perfect. For my Pioneer I bought a Peerles on Alex's recommentation and that worked out perfect. I think price wise I could have went with one from monoprice at half the cost that would have done the same job

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
For a 58" you need a little stronger one then the one I bought, but for the 40" it's perfect. For my Pioneer I bought a Peerles on Alex's recommentation and that worked out perfect. I think price wise I could have went with one from monoprice at half the cost that would have done the same job
It was actually a BMXTRIX recommendation. He factored in cost, quality of fasteners and ease of installation based on what his guys ran into durring installations in the field with different applications (I think). He's actually a big fan of Monoprice (this I know). Maybe at the time he just had not tried their mounts or maybe the Peerless fastener package was better quality and more geared toward various applications.

During an install all you need is for some cheap fastener to break and send you to the hardware store effectively doubling your time because of a 9 cent screw. The Peerless mount I got was $67 I believe from the source he linked. That was a huge savings for me over a $200 Sanus mount. I'm not sure that I would hang my beloved Panasonic off a $25 mount never mind a Pioneer.

The way I have mine installed you could do chin ups on it. :D

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
It was actually a BMXTRIX recommendation. He factored in cost, quality of fasteners and ease of installation based on what his guys ran into durring installations in the field with different applications (I think). He's actually a big fan of Monoprice (this I know). Maybe at the time he just had not tried their mounts or maybe the Peerless fastener package was better quality and more geared toward various applications.

During an install all you need is for some cheap fastener to break and send you to the hardware store effectively doubling your time because of a 9 cent screw. The Peerless mount I got was $67 I believe from the source he linked. That was a huge savings for me over a $200 Sanus mount. I'm not sure that I would hang my beloved Panasonic off a $25 mount never mind a Pioneer.

Very good point Alex. The things you pointed out I did'nt take into consideration. I never did think about the quality of the fasteners and the rest of the hardware. All in all I guess you get what you pay for.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
How would you know...have you tried:eek:..jk:p.
FWIW most of the issues where caused by people who didn't pre drill their holes deep enough or they over tightened. I did read on their web page that after thse issues came to light...monoprice supplied a higher grade lag bolt for the installation but just like everything else ...if your do things like a gorilla...well you know;):)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
...if you do things like a gorilla...
Hey ... no need for that kind of talk. :D

At the time I paid close to a couple grand for the TV and some BJC HDMI cables so there was no way in hell I was going to half @ss the mount. The wood is some reclaimed Southern Yellow Pine that I chose for annular ring density and running it wild like that allowed me to attach to an additional stud. I need to cut it back to within a couple of inches of those screw holes and paint it black but you can see that it's attached well. The screws (#8x3" deck screws) are as close to the center of the stud as I could get them. Eventually when I cut a hole in the wall below the TV for an in-wall entertainment center that wood will be part of the support structure for that unsupported segment of wall that the TV hangs on. The 3/8" lag bolts that attach the mount go through that wood and into the studs yet again because I'm mental. :eek:

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Hey ... no need for that kind of talk. :D

At the time I paid close to a couple grand for the TV and some BJC HDMI cables so there was no way in hell I was going to half @ss the mount. The wood is some reclaimed Southern Yellow Pine that I chose for annular ring density and running it wild like that allowed me to attach to an additional stud. I need to cut it back to within a couple of inches of those screw holes and paint it black but you can see that it's attached well. The screws (#8x3" deck screws) are as close to the center of the stud as I could get them. Eventually when I cut a hole in the wall below the TV for an in-wall entertainment center that wood will be part of the support structure for that unsupported segment of wall that the TV hangs on. The 3/8" lag bolts that attach the mount go through that wood and into the studs yet again because I'm mental. :eek:

(snip)
You are mental! :p

Here I am hanging my 32" Westy refurb LCD that I paid $400 for 4 years ago (Yes, I'm cheap!) with a $23 articulating mount from Fry's onto the studs that came with the house. (Don't hate me! I posted the sale a month ago. You snooze, you lose.) I almost feel inadequate...almost.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis