Monoprice Powered Monitors?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Isolation pads are a waste of money. The only circumstances I would use them is if the speakers were on a very flimsy surface. You definitely do not need to use them on speaker stands.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Isolation pads are a waste of money. The only circumstances I would use them is if the speakers were on a very flimsy surface. You definitely do not need to use them on speaker stands.
Okay Shady no problem. No need to throw money away. Thanks once again for your input. It is very helpful.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Cut up some cheap pieces of foam if you have some need of a layer between your speakers/stand, or just use something like museum putty.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Cut up some cheap pieces of foam if you have some need of a layer between your speakers/stand, or just use something like museum putty.
I am just going to order the said stands and go from there. Shady does NOT think that they will be needed. So, I will go with that. He sure knows more about this than I do. No need to waste money on something that really is NOT needed.

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am just going to order the said stands and go from there. Shady does NOT think that they will be needed. So, I will go with that. He sure knows more about this than I do. No need to waste money on something that really is NOT needed.

Cheers,

Phil
Stuff like Auralex is for those who can't simply improvise with similar materials....not a lot of knowledge involved.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Stuff like Auralex is for those who can't simply improvise with similar materials....not a lot of knowledge involved.
Right right. I am just going to go ahead and order my stands. Everything is here now w/the exception of my 1/4" TRS cables, and etc. from Monoprice. It seems like it takes forever every time I order from them. Got the Samsons yesterday, as well as, my Behringer balanced DAC. Things are coming togther rather nicely. Hope to have it all setup over the weekend.

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What happened to your old stands, you sell those? I like the adjustability of your new stands, tho.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
What happened to your old stands, you sell those? I like the adjustability of your new stands, tho.
No, still have the old stands, but they are too short. Plan to sell them locally if I can. Glad that you like the ones I picked out. I like them too and they have a 5-year warranty. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, got the stands in today and put together. There were no instructions whatsoever, but it was not too difficult to do. However, when I went to plug my JBL headphones into the Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 DAC it would not work. I need some sort of adapter because the end on the JBL's is MUCH smaller than that going into the Behringer DAC. Anyone know where I can get one? Would Guitar Center have them perhaps? What exactly do I need to get? There must be some kind of adapter of some sorts, no?

Cheers,

Phil

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Lol, sounds like you are trying to put a 1/8" inch plug into a 1/4" hole. Yes, you can get adapters anywhere, although places like Bestbuy and Radioshack put a very heafty markup on these types of things. Here is a sample of what you need.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Lol, sounds like you are trying to put a 1/8" inch plug into a 1/4" hole. Yes, you can get adapters anywhere, although places like Bestbuy and Radioshack put a very heafty markup on these types of things. Here is a sample of what you need.
Yeah, I think that is what I need. Will see what BB has them priced. Do you think that Guitar Center will have them any cheaper? Thanks Shady for the info!

Cheers,

Phil

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I think that is what I need. Will see what BB has them priced. Do you think that Guitar Center will have them any cheaper? Thanks Shady for the info!

Cheers,

Phil
cheaper than $3 (w/ free shipping) from reputable brand?? They practically losing money on it.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
cheaper than $3 (w/ free shipping) from reputable brand?? They practically losing money on it.
Yeah you do have a point. Will go ahead and order these. Should I get (2) of them given that I now have (2) sets of headphones? Or, would one suffice? I have the JBL S500 and some inexpensive Philips. I can get (2) of them if you think that it is really needed. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah you do have a point. Will go ahead and order these. Should I get (2) of them given that I now have (2) sets of headphones? Or, would one suffice? I have the JBL S1500 and some inexpensive Philips. I can get (2) of them if you think that it is really needed. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil
Well, you could get two, but then you might not be able to afford that newspaper you've had your eye on. What is your budget for adapters? Is WAF a consideration? Would you consider used or refurb?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well, you could get two, but then you might not be able to afford that newspaper you've had your eye on. What is your budget for adapters? Is WAF a consideration? Would you consider used or refurb?
Budget is the same is it always is and that is as little as possible.......LOL!!! I am a BIG time el cheapo. WAF is no longer a problem for me and hasn't been in over a decade......LOL!!!! Not afraid of something used. But, for $6 for (2) adapters and free shipping really not much to lose right? It even says (2) day shipping at that.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just ordered a set of the adapters. Should have them on Friday. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Wow! Got my Samsons set up. All I can say is holy smokes! Plenty loud for me. The tweeters are very impressive. The low end needed a little boosting. Very nice and balanced sounding. Here are a couple of pics:

upload_2016-8-17_14-37-10.png

upload_2016-8-17_14-37-54.png

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just want to say thanks to Shady for all of his help and guidance. The same goes for anyone else that has helped. It is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Just want to say thanks to Shady for all of his help and guidance. The same goes for anyone else that has helped. It is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil
Dunno how they sound, but your setup looks nice and clean.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis