Monoprice for rear surround in-ceiling?

S

scottdrummer

Audiophyte
Hi Im looking for some rear surround speakers (in ceiling) I prefer the round style, I guess these are more directional?

Can anyone recommend any from monoprice or should I just look elsewhere? (Canada/US)
monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10837
They seem to have decent reviews but not sure if the quality is any good?

room is fairly small, budget around $100 per speaker

S

scottdrummer

Audiophyte
I dont have them yet. My house is being built and the rears are in ceiling so I thought I would get those first and then the fronts which will be floorstanding/bookshelf later

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
I use their 8" square speaker @ $40 / pair. They sound OK for whole house audio, but for a surround, wouldn't you want something a bit better for you theatre room. The price on them is right, but I am not sure if they would be up to the quality you would want. It might be good to first pick out your front speakers 1st and then find something that would match them well, rather than purchasing the surrounds 1st. Just my 2cents.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hi Im looking for some rear surround speakers (in ceiling) I prefer the round style, I guess these are more directional?

Can anyone recommend any from monoprice or should I just look elsewhere? (Canada/US)
monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10837
They seem to have decent reviews but not sure if the quality is any good?

room is fairly small, budget around $100 per speaker
Hello, Scott
I would seriously consider the NHT SuperZero 2.0, they are not an in wall speaker but can be flush mounted with the 1/4 inch mounting on the back of the speaker, cost is $100 per speaker, hope this helps.
Jeff

harleyoz

harleyoz

Audioholic Intern
Im using SpeakercraftAIM3 speakers for my presence & rear surround speakers & they sound fine (way better than I thought after all the ceiling horror posts I've read) I use normal speakers for all the others, so they seem fine for surrounds. The AIM3's may be out of your budget however they make AIM1's that could be ok?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis