Monoprice fixed manual masking multi-format screens

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
What I'd like to know is just how absorbent all of the various materials on there are. My guess is that the two bars will not be as absorbent as the greater part of the black bars going by that photo. So I then wonder how easy it would be to simply wrap those bars in a deeper velvet, with some handle hidden behind the bar, or at least as minimally intrusive if it's not possible to hide.

Of course if I was as geeky as the enginerd OP, I might give something like this a DIY shot! :p:p

Just joshin' ya, but here's the thread

Last edited by a moderator:
just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
that is pretty cool. but i feel/know that my method is better. though a bit cumbersome.

strube

strube

What I'd like to know is just how absorbent all of the various materials on there are. My guess is that the two bars will not be as absorbent as the greater part of the black bars going by that photo. So I then wonder how easy it would be to simply wrap those bars in a deeper velvet, with some handle hidden behind the bar, or at least as minimally intrusive if it's not possible to hide.

Of course if I was as geeky as the enginerd OP, I might give something like this a DIY shot! :p:p

Just joshin' ya, but here's the thread
I am pretty sure that is just a 3D CAD model of their screen with an image imposed on the screen area. I want to see a photo of the actual screen to get a better idea of the absorbency. Hopefully they post more photos when they release, for the sake of our curiosity.

That is awesome. I have grand plans for a DIY masking screen in the future, myself...Actually they are just feeble, undeveloped ideas, but hey, they could turn into something! Of course, if someone was offering the Carada Masquerade system to me, I would probably take it...

Last edited by a moderator:
just-some-guy

just-some-guy

I want to see a photo of the actual screen to get a better idea of the absorbency.
my money says it is going to be a flat black coating. much like is what on my HP.

strube

strube

my money says it is going to be a flat black coating. much like is what on my HP.
It says in the description that the frame is velvet wrapped - I don't see why they would bother velvet-wrapping on the outside frame if they weren't going to do it on the masking bars too...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis