Monolith 5, almost new, 850usd + shipping

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Why did you sell the Aragon 2007?
The Aragon 2007 runs cool. I'm not sure why you sold it and I'm not sure why I bought it but I use it just the same. Just in case the tweeters need as much wattage as the subs.
I sold it because I didn't (and largely still don't) foresee 7 channels, and at the time I was looking at it as freeing up money within my audio budget. But honestly, if you are expecting logic regarding a hobby of passion, you won't get it from me! If I still had the 2007, I certainly would not look twice at the Monolith 5.
But rationally looking at my audio buying habits, there is decidedly a hint of audio addiction. Fortunately, I recognize it as a vice and don't let it cause financial stress (I've saved more money by driving econoboxes then I'll ever spend on audio...unless it gets worse!:oops:) at least that is my attempt at justifying/normalizing it!:p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I sold it because I didn't (and largely still don't) foresee 7 channels, and at the time I was looking at it as freeing up money within my audio budget. But honestly, if you are expecting logic regarding a hobby of passion, you won't get it from me! If I still had the 2007, I certainly would not look twice at the Monolith 5.
But rationally looking at my audio buying habits, there is decidedly a hint of audio addiction. Fortunately, I recognize it as a vice and don't let it cause financial stress (I've saved more money by driving econoboxes then I'll ever spend on audio...unless it gets worse!:oops:) at least that is my attempt at justifying/normalizing it!:p
We all get bit man. I didn't "need" a powerful 7 channel amplifier. "Want" was my driving force. Ever since Gene posted the article on the Monolith I've been trying to scheme some way of getting one. Same with my towers. Even as I was buying the bookshelf speakers I knew I would eventually get the towers. A recent little windfall was all it took for me to justifiy!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis