monitor rsw12 sub cable?

S

speaker

Enthusiast
Hey guys,

i just got my moniotr rsw12 sub. I was just wondering whats a good speaker cable to get. I have two inputs (red and white). I have been looking around the web and have found that some people buy a speaker cable and others just put their speaker wire in one of the inputs.

I don't know which one to go with.

Thanks

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you have a receiver that has a sub preamp output then you want RCA. You don't need anything fancy. I've tried a lot of cables and the LC1 from www.bluejeanscable.com is easily among the best I've used and they are pretty inexpensive for what you get.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Nothing fancy is needed. Blue Jeans or Monoprice will do the job.

caper26

caper26

Full Audioholic
I have that sub. You will love it. I just use a sub cable, but also hooked up either the red or white RCA cable too, works just the same. Let me know how you enjoy it. What speakers you running with it? I am running Energy TAKE FPS (3 for L/C/R) and 4 TAKE LCR for surround/ surround-back. Great combo with Yamaha RX-V565. Cheers.

S

speaker

Enthusiast
i got the monitor RS series. rs8 in the front rsfx for rears monitor center and sub. i got an onkyo 807 reciever.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, that is the right type. Don't bother buying Monster. Go to monoprice or bluejeans as mentioned before and get a sub cable. There is nothing special about Monster or a sub cable for that matter.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis