F

Fuzz Pucker

Audiophyte
Hello, I just got the Onkyo HT-S7200(B) Home Theater bundle, which includes the Onkyo HT-RC160 AV Receiver. I am having troubles with the monitor out on this receiver.

It works fine with HDMI out, but I need it to work with the Monitor (Component) Out.

We have a projector 16 feet back, and it's running just the Component cable up to the receiver, but when I plug it in I get no video. Audio works fine, just the video.

When I tested the HDMI with my computer monitor, the HDMI out worked fine, it's just the Component out I need. On the back of the receiver it's called the Monitor Out.

Any ideas?
Thanks, Mitch.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello, I just got the Onkyo HT-S7200(B) Home Theater bundle, which includes the Onkyo HT-RC160 AV Receiver. I am having troubles with the monitor out on this receiver.

It works fine with HDMI out, but I need it to work with the Monitor (Component) Out.

We have a projector 16 feet back, and it's running just the Component cable up to the receiver, but when I plug it in I get no video. Audio works fine, just the video.

When I tested the HDMI with my computer monitor, the HDMI out worked fine, it's just the Component out I need. On the back of the receiver it's called the Monitor Out.

Any ideas?
Thanks, Mitch.
You do not say what your input is. To get component monitor out the devices have to be connected by component cables.

Your receiver will produce HDMI out from all input sources. However it will not produce composite or component out from an HDMI input. You can see this on the flow chart on page 24 of your manual.

Producing an analog HD out, like component video, from an HDMI input is now forbidden under the HDCP code rules, that govern HDMI.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis