Monitor Audio Gold Series Loudspeaker Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
As a Monitor Audio Enthusiast, when we heard that they were coming out with a new version of their “Gold” series of speakers we were ecstatic. Using its GX Gold speakers as a model, Monitor Audio refined its high-end speaker line with this new series. Equipped with optimized drivers and empowered by the production quality of their Platinum flagship range, their Gold series speakers turn another page in the story of Monitor Audio's audiophile speaker family.

Read: Monitor Audio Gold Series Loudspeaker Preview

C

Corgidog

Audiophyte
I just replaced a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 10s with the Gold 200s. I couldn't be happier. The sound is fabulous and the fit and finish of the speakers is superb. The 10s, while a great speaker too, were a tad too big for my listening room so upgraded while down-sizing. :) This marks my 3rd pair of MA speakers I have bought. MA is one of the best in the business.

P

Pottscb

Enthusiast
I currently own the RX6 and have owned the BX line in the past and think they are all superb for the money. The problem with the new GX line is that, for less than the price of the GX300, I could pick up a pair of Aerial6T's or similar that would likely trounce the GX. I just think MA needs to police their value proposition of high end gear better. I even prefer the way the GX look in Ebony, but it's not worth it if the sound isn't jaw-dropping, because the price sure is. Will the ribbon tweeter trickle down to,the Silver line? If it doubles the price I sure hope not!

C

cvcgolf

Audioholic
Not sure why more people don't own Monitor Audio speakers.. Every review praises them and sometimes the reviewer flat out tells the reader to "just go buy them".. That's why I purchased my Silver Series 9i's a long time ok and I'm still smiling..

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I currently own the RX6 and have owned the BX line in the past and think they are all superb for the money. The problem with the new GX line is that, for less than the price of the GX300, I could pick up a pair of Aerial6T's or similar that would likely trounce the GX. I just think MA needs to police their value proposition of high end gear better. I even prefer the way the GX look in Ebony, but it's not worth it if the sound isn't jaw-dropping, because the price sure is. Will the ribbon tweeter trickle down to,the Silver line? If it doubles the price I sure hope not!
I think that is a common sentiment with all brands. Due to diminishing returns, many less expensive speakers could be just as good or even better than more expensive speakers to many people.

I might prefer a $5K speakers that have what I want over $30K speakers that don't have what I want. Everyone has different preferences.

nova

nova

Full Audioholic
I had a pair of Silver 5i a few years ago and really enjoyed them. Mids and highs were very good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis