Monitor Audio Gold FX Surround Speaker Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Monitor Audio sure know what I like. Not long ago, they announced their new Gold line of speakers and I'm already drooling. As part of these new additions, they have launched a surround speaker designed fit almost anywhere. Check out the new Gold FX Surround Speaker.
Monitor_GoldFX.jpg

This beautiful and slim design incorporates six drivers (yes, six drivers). The FX features both monopole and bipole modes to better suit any environment - which I consider to be very versatile. If you set it to monopole mode for discrete side or rear sound channels, its front-firing 6 ½" RST® bass/mid-driver and C-CAM® ribbon transducer deliver a wide-band. In dipole mode the FX uses two pairs of side firing 4" C-CAM bass/mid drivers and 25mm C-CAM gold-dome tweeters, combined with the tailored output from the front-firing bass/mid driver to provide a more diffused surround effect.
Gold-FX-High-Gloss-White-on-white.jpg

For better convenience, the Gold FX can be flush-mounted on side or rear walls. Installation is easy by the inclusion of a 'sloppy fit' wall bracket, which allows leveling and adjustment prior to fixing. Let me know what you think about the new Gold FX and don't forget to share this with your friends.

FEATURES:
  • C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) ribbon transducer design – providing extension to a class leading 60KHz
  • Single bolt through driver fixings for improved bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
  • New C-CAM RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) drivers
  • Die-cast alloy terminal panel arrangement with high quality bi-wire terminals and high end spade type link cables
  • Pureflow® silver internal cabling
  • Selected premium quality wood veneer or high gloss lacquer finishes
  • Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet coloration
  • Monopole/dipole switch.
SPECIFICATIONS:
  • System Format: 2-Way
  • Frequency Response: 60 Hz - 60 kHz
  • Sensitivity (1W@1M): 87 dB
  • Nominal Impedance (ohms): 8
  • Maximum SPL (dBA): 110.8
  • Power Handling - RMS (W): 100
  • Recommended Amplifier Requirements (W): 50 - 100
  • Bass Alignment: Sealed Cabinet
  • Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 6" RST bass driver / 2 x 4" RST mid-range driver / 1 x C-CAM H.F ribbon transducer / 2 x 1" gold dome C-CAM Tweeter
  • Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD): 310 x 390 x 160 mm
  • Dimensions Including Terminals (HxWxD): 310 x 390 x 168 mm
  • Weight: 26lbs. 2oz.
PRICE: (Standard Finish): $1,395.00/each
(Piano Ebony Finish): $1,695.00/each

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis