Mobile Fidelity OML-1

D

docferdie

Audioholic
I just got home after listening to these speakers at music direct. I am really very impressed. One of the few products that performs as advertised. I listened to Modern Cool both on LP and SACD and the speakers delivered very well with both formats. The bass is outstanding for bookshelves; it is very tight. Although it still is a ported design, the port is small and I feel this somehow contributes to the bass being less distorted compared to other speakers. Where these speakers really shine is in the depth of the soundstage and the precise imaging. I felt that the vocals were appropriately prominent--as they should be in a vocal recording.
I spoke with one of the people who helped design these speakers and he told me to expect a mgazine review in about 3 months as they've already sent out the review samples.
I just need to convince my wife that it's time for another speaker upgrade. If you guys don't mind buying online or over the phone, I suggest that you try these out. If you live in Chicago you should definitely drop by music direct and audition them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis