j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Was surprised by this one. It started out pretty standard Disney fare and then changed it up a bit. Though it still fits the Disney "formula" this one had a bit more to it. That may be due to the involvement of John Lasseter. Some of Pixar's best stories came under the direction of Lasseter and I've noticed his name on a lot of Disney stuff lately. The story was fresh even though it fit the expected aspects. Characters were unexpected and funny. A singing Dwane Johnson (The Rock) was pretty hilarious and the comic relief side kick also had me laughing out loud many times. Soundtrack was quite good too, but ultimately the most impressive part of this film was the incredible animation. There were new techniques for color and texture used in this film that made it look absolutely beautiful. The character movements and expressions were great. Voice acting was very good and they did a good job in the animation to reflect the voice actor. This is a very subtle thing that lends a lot to an animated film IMO. Definitely worth a watch.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
How do you think this stacks up to Kubo?

I haven't seen either yet.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Kubo is very different - story and character driven and is very dark, not really kid friendly IMO, and I really enjoyed it. Story is more involved and unconventional with some unexpected elements making it more interesting. This one is more or less light and fun and has an expected sort of roll out.

Even though I liked this one, I felt Zootopia was better.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
This is an awesome Disney flick .... I really enjoyed it as much as Zootopia

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis