Mixing Velodyne and Paradigm

C

coverdrive

Audiophyte
Hi,

I need to get a subwoofer to go with my used Paradigm CT 110 5.1 system. I am thinking of getting a new Velodyne Impact 10. Will this be a good match

Cheers
Tony

R

Rob_rector

Enthusiast
I always say find a good dealer that has a good return policy. Ask them if they have a floor sample or demo model. Buy it, take it home, try it out. If it don't work, take it back and get something else. What sounds good at the store, might not sound good at home. And what I like, you might not like.

I am looking at getting a B&W ASW608 and my dealer said if it isn't right, just bring it back and I can get something else.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I cat speak to the match up but your current sub only goes down to 32hz. That's fine if you're in an apartment because you aren't likely to tick off the neighbors. But if you're in a house I'd save a little longer and get something that goes deeper.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I cat speak to the match up but your current sub only goes down to 32hz. That's fine if you're in an apartment because you aren't likely to tick off the neighbors. But if you're in a house I'd save a little longer and get something that goes deeper.
With the Paradigm Cinema, not only do you have to worry about low end extension but you also have to consider the upper range extension of the sub. The Cinema 110 is only good down to about 120Hz so will want a sub that will sound pretty decent into the 120Hz range.

You might also consider trying to keep the sub up front and center rather than off in a corner since at those upper frequencies, the sub's output can be localized.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis