Mitsubishi HD-1080 setup to WS-55805 problems

P

Pipeman

Audiophyte
New to this forum and looking for some help from the experts.

Just purchased a Mitsubishi HD-1080 receiver off e-bay to go along with my existing Mitsubishi HD TV Model: WS-55805. I have made all the connections according to the manual including a com. cable I purchase from Mitsubishi direct. My problem is that the HD-receiver does not come on(no green power light). I have made an attempt to find the solution on the web and came accross this site. I suspect that I need to change a setting on the TV itself, but not sure what that could be.

Looking for some help with this. Thanks in advance - The Pipeman

Last edited:
M

Mr.T

Audioholic
When it comes to purchasing an HD set top converter box, I like to buy either directly from the manufacturer or from a reputable store in a sealed box. These converter boxes are pretty complex internally and they aren't toys easly fixable.

Buying one of these HD boxes from E-Bay in my opinion is very risky businness and in many cases the buyer ends up to loose the money.
According to the description you're giving us, it seems to me there is something wrong in the power supply circuit with the converter box justfying the reason why doesn't go on, and I sincerely wish you good luck in returning the box.

Mr.T

R

rmanzo

Audiophyte
I think that you have been had. I own one of these hd tuners and it works fine. The problem you are having is that this model tuner ONLY works with TV sets model numbers that end in 01 or 03. Yours ends in 05. I have the owners manual, i bought this thing when it was new. If the green light does not come on, it is because it does not recognized your tv model.

B

behappyall

Audiophyte
Mitsubishi HD1080 Receiver

Hi Rmanzo:
Could you kindly check to see if the receiver works with Mitsubishi microdisplay model WD6500 TV...Thanks ...Jim

E

EricG

Audiophyte
Pipeman said:
My problem is that the HD-receiver does not come on(no green power light).
- The Pipeman
I have the same receiver.

The unit will not power on if the 15 pin connector is not plugged in from the receiver to the TV.

I just replaced my receiver and have no more use for my 1080. If you are interested let me know and I can get you mine dirt cheap. j_iliz@yahoo.com

It is in perfect working condition and still looks brand new.

-E

E

EricG

Audiophyte
The receiver is sold

I put it up on ebay and got $80 with the "buy now". It sold fast so I think I probably could have got more.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis