Mirage subwoofer Buzzing

H

Hossman

Audiophyte
Hello Team,
I have a problem with my Home Theater Mirage OMNI S-8 suuround subwoofer. Yesterday during a movie, a funny noise was coming from my woofer. I turned the woofer off for a minute then turned it back on. There was a low continuous buzzing sound coming from the woofer. I did some trobleshooting on my own by, first replacing the main cable with an extra new cable I had stored away. Still had the low buzzing sound. Second, I checked the fuse, which was fine. Still had the low buzzing sound. Third, I disconnected the woofer's speaker connections and turned the woofer on and of course the sound stopped. Fouth thing I did was removed the speaker and connected to my guitar amp. The woofer worked fine, so now I know its not my woofer speaker.

CAn anyone shed some light?

Thanks
Hossman

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
I wonder if the subwoofer out at the receiver end is acting up. Mine does that very same thing, but it's not loud enough [yet] to be unlistenable. When I unplug the sub amp from the receiver, there is nothing but near dead silence. As a temporary solution [if my thought is true], you could try sticking a ground loop isolator between the two to see if that quiets things somewhat.

H

Hossman

Audiophyte
I wonder if the subwoofer out at the receiver end is acting up. Mine does that very same thing, but it's not loud enough [yet] to be unlistenable. When I unplug the sub amp from the receiver, there is nothing but near dead silence. As a temporary solution [if my thought is true], you could try sticking a ground loop isolator between the two to see if that quiets things somewhat.
I'm not sure what you mean by sub-amp? Where would the sub-amp be located? Is it in the sub-woofer box? There is a lot of components in that box. the transformer and everything esle.

thanks for your reply!

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
OOOpppsss!

I'm not sure what you mean by sub-amp? Where would the sub-amp be located? Is it in the sub-woofer box? There is a lot of components in that box. the transformer and everything esle.

thanks for your reply!
Sorry about that. The subwoofer amp is usually mounted on the back where all your connections and controls are. They are all one. You don't ever need to go inside and do anything with the works that you mentioned [transformer, transistors, etc.].

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis