Miller & Kreisel Loudspeaker Brand Revived

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
It seems the recently defunct Miller & Kreisel Sound Corporation (M&K) has a new lease on life after a group of Danish audio veterans invested in the brand according British AV news site AV Zombie. M&K announced the cessation of business operations after 34 years in a notice posted on the company web site nearly a year ago on February 22, 2007. Good news for the M&K fans out there.

Discuss "Miller & Kreisel Loudspeaker Brand Revived" here. Read the article.

P

palmharbor

Junior Audioholic
They were a Pioneer

M & K started what BOSE finished...subwoofer with very small
surround and front speakers. They called it the Golliah System.
I still have their subwoofer and the Braun Output C mini speakers. Bose modified this system and became a big sucess.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
M & K started what BOSE finished...subwoofer with very small
surround and front speakers. They called it the Golliah System.
I still have their subwoofer and the Braun Output C mini speakers. Bose modified this system and became a big sucess.
But M&K rocksors, Bose does not.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
As someone with a lot of M&K speakers it makes me happy. I've always liked their products. I wonder if the new incarnation will honor the warranty of the old products and offer support.

Jack

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I wonder if the new incarnation will honor the warranty of the old products and offer support.
I would hope so, I hope they don't produce their products in China or Taiwan.:eek:

That reminds me, I need to get my M&K MX-100 fixed.:D

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

I would hope so, I hope they don't produce their products in China or Taiwan.:eek:

That reminds me, I need to get my M&K MX-100 fixed.:D
Since M&K went under, alot of their replacement speakers, crossovers, boxes and other stuff have been available cheap on eBay. You might be able to find the parts you need there. BTW, thats a nice sub.

Jack

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
I'd be careful..there's a lot of "counterfeit" M&K stuff out there.

I, too hope they honor the warranty. I don't have high hopes though. It was a very small company. The people made the company, not the name.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Since M&K went under, alot of their replacement speakers, crossovers, boxes and other stuff have been available cheap on eBay. You might be able to find the parts you need there. BTW, thats a nice sub.

Jack
I know what it needs, it's a very inexpensive part made by Sanyo (the IC output device). Unfortunately the protection on this dated subwoofer is inedequate and when it encounters low frequencies the woofers drop in impedance and this just blows the IC output device. By low frequencies I mean sub frequencies. Every other part of the amplifier seems fine, but the IC has blown on me 3 times now. I really want to fix it and sell it, maybe the next owner won't be a complete bass nut like me.:D

I want to get another HSU STF-2, that will keep me happy for a while.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
The M&K website is back with product info...looks like they're finally getting it back together...

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

The M&K website is back with product info...looks like they're finally getting it back together...
Good, I'm glad they finally got the old domain name working, www.mksound.com. It redirects you to the site they have been using since late last year, www.mksoundsystem.com. It'll be nice to see what they do and how they promote everything.

Jack

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis