Michigan/Nebraska game

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
That had to be the worst officiating I've ever seen. They should fire every last one of those refs. They are an embarrassment to NCAAF. That could have been an outstanding game.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
you should make one football thread, and put all your posts in that. Sorta like mule has in the suggestions forum. :)

SheepStar

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I agree wholeheartedly. I missed most of the 4th quarter, though I did catch Henne's run for a TD. I'm still amazed that he can run more than 5 feet.

But yes, the officiating was horrendous. I watched as someone was downed and as they grabbed the ball, they moved it up a yard. That's some BS to the max. So since I missed it, please fill me in on some of the other bad calls. I was pissed when Lloyd had to burn a time out because the ref couldn't see the Nebraska player lost possession of the ball in the endzone. My dad saw it the first time from a crappy TV angle. Blah. Stupid refs.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
jaxvon said:
I agree wholeheartedly... So since I missed it, please fill me in on some of the other bad calls.
There were several times that obvious pass interference calls were not made. One I clearly remember was late in the 4th quarter when a Nebraska cornerback grabbed Mario Maningham's left arm while he was trying to catch a pass in the end zone. Immediately after the pass went incomplete, the offending corner threw both his arms in the air as if to say "I din't hold anyone - not me". Both ESPN announcers were laughing as they watched the replay. No flags from the officials.

The other one was on the last desperate play of the game, with all the lateral passes, the Nebraska bench emptied and dozens of players were all over the field before the play ended. Again, no flags.

I think that the Big 10 conference should threaten the Alamo Bowl with skipping their future invitations unless they get better game officials.

All this complaining about the stunningly incompetent officials doesn't save Michigan from the criticism that they played as if they didn't care about winning the game.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
The Manningham play was on 4th down with two minutes left and it was one of several that cost the Wolves the game. Chad Henne was also called for a fumble that led to Nebraska's last touchdown when his arm was clearly moving forward. They even reviewed it and still got it wrong. Twice Lloyd Carr had to call timeout to get the officials to review blatantly blown calls. No wonder the officials ran off the fild before the last play ended.

This is far from the first time Michigan has been "jobbed" in a bowl game Jax. You are not old enough to remember the 79 Rose bowl when the USC running back fumbled from the two yard line into the end zone where Michigan recovered. He was ruled across the goal line for the game winning touchdown despite being two yards away. That call won USC a co-national championship.

Buckeye- Does this mean that you could bring yourself to root for Michigan in a bowl game? That would be big of you. I will definitely root for OSU over that team from South Bend. Hold up the big 10 honor guys.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
I always root for the Big Ten in bowl games. Michigan is a love hate relationship in my book. Without them, Buckeye football wouldn't be what it is today. Our wins over Michigan are only as good as their wins over everyone else.

Miami/LSU should be a good one tonight.

I was disappointed in Oregon's play last night. I thought they would have whipped Oklahoma by 3 or more touchdowns.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
I am a big michigan fan so I was of course pissed off by the officiating. I hated how U of M had to blow 2 timeouts just so they could get reviews of the previous play. What the heck, If you have the review USE IT! Dont force teams to waste timeouts in order for you to do it. Also the lack of flags on Nebraska was horendous. The pass intereference in the end zone of Mario Manningham in the 4th and still cant figure out how there was no flag on the last play. I dont see how over 60+ people can be on the football field during play and the refs dont call intereference. Thats just wrong. Michigan should have either gotten the ball at the 15 + an intereference call which would put them at the 7 yard line or they should have re-done the play, they should not have just let it go. All those refs should be fired and no bowl game should ever be oficiated by Sun Belt refs again.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
HOLIDAY (NOT) Bowl

Bah! What kind of drugs was the center on? 3/4 of the snaps were on the ground. But my Ducks hung like granny's last tooth, even with noob qb's. Next year......next year.....next year..... :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis