Meniscus Audio is Closing

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Went to surf their kits section and noticed only 4 kits listed. Then googled to see if maybe they were just working on the website and found out they are retiring. That's a drag. They filled in some holes in the kit availability market for me and their service was great. I had bought 3 kits and parts from them over the past years.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
That's a shame. I was hoping to try some of their kits down the road.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Probably what made their business unsustainable. I've built a handful of kits from them.
I imagine the DIY market pales compared to retail but the wording on their web site made it sound like it was more of a sourcing issue and their lease is expiring.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The diy kit community is very small.
Small and likely shrinking I'd think....but was more wondering if this is the bulk of their business (rather than other areas of electronics). Or just old age....

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
What they had was, a good selection of Jeff Bagby designs among others, and at prices that were typically less than the sum of the components that we could get on our own. Paul Carmody's web site at least carries his designs for free with BOM and crossover diagrams. Meniscus was more fairly priced than some others, IMO, or at least they contained a good selection of high performing budget designs, also.

Last design I built, Paul Carmody's Tarkus, nobody had all of the parts in stock and I had to order from 4 different vendors. Glad I built what I did, when I did, but those Philharmonic BMRs and Jeff Bagby's Kairos were on my radar.

Of course if I am to be honest, I have too many (something like 9 pair and 5 subs) speakers now so this is likely saving me more than it limits.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Of course if I am to be honest, I have too many (something like 9 pair and 5 subs) speakers now so this is likely saving me more than it limits.
I'm trying to decide if I should report this post as inappropriate. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis