Media Room basement build

Swerve

Swerve

Junior Audioholic
Found that my second layer of insulation- Knauf R12 fiberglass was sagging a bit in my joist cavities. It's lighter and flimsier that the Roxul Safe and Sound I used in the first layer.

I can't let the insulation slowly come into contact with the drywall furring channel over time, so picked up some Simpson Strong Tie Insulation Supports, IS16-R100. Took a few seconds and did the trick.

for those in the US, home depot also stocks them. Simpson Strong-Tie 16 in. OC Insulation Supports (100-Pack)-IS16-R100 at The Home Depot

Lowe's has similar ones. Shop 100-Pack 24" Insulation Supports at Lowes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
M

manfrog

Audiophyte
Found that my second layer of insulation- Knauf R12 fiberglass was sagging a bit in my joist cavities. It's lighter and flimsier that the Roxul Safe and Sound I used in the first layer.

I can't let the insulation slowly come into contact with the drywall furring channel over time, so picked up some Simpson Strong Tie Insulation Supports, IS16-R100. Took a few seconds and did the trick.
If you are still around curious how the build turned out....a lot of similar concerns on my future build :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis