Measure twice, cut once.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Well, it looks like the French never heard of that saying.

'France's state-run railway system on Wednesday admitted failing to mind the gap, after realizing that a fleet of new trains it has ordered are too wide to fit many of the country's stations.

Confirming a report in satirical weekly Le Canard Enchaîné, train operator Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer and network owner Réseau Ferré de France said about 1,300 of France's 8,700 railway platforms must be trimmed to make way for the wider rolling stock.'

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Well, it looks like the French never heard of that saying.

'France's state-run railway system on Wednesday admitted failing to mind the gap, after realizing that a fleet of new trains it has ordered are too wide to fit many of the country's stations.

Confirming a report in satirical weekly Le Canard Enchaîné, train operator Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer and network owner Réseau Ferré de France said about 1,300 of France's 8,700 railway platforms must be trimmed to make way for the wider rolling stock.'
I read about that yesterday and yes, it is amusing. I know we like to pick on the French, but they certainly haven't cornered the market in miscalculation:

France's trains are too wide: 6 notorious engineering oversights - World - CBC News

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Does it make you nervous?
not at all, but low flying planes do ...

or the fact that though knifes are not allowed on planes, first class meals get served with metal flatware...

Don't get me started on TSA stupidity

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

or the fact that though knifes are not allowed on planes, first class meals get served with metal flatware...

I don't doubt that at all.:(

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General

I agree. You can't get metal flatware in the airport restaurants, but on the plane you can? No logic there...but then logic and the government rarely meet.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Does it sway in heavy winds?
Pretty much all buildings/towers will sway in heavy winds. Swaying is good, too rigid and it breaks.

In a previous job, I've climbed many a smoke stack, the swaying can be very unsettling. It's not bad on a wide stack, but a small diameter stack is freaking scary.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis