"McIntosh... For the Love of Music" book

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
I recently won this book during a McIntosh promo at my local audio store and have no use for it. I flipped through a couple of pages but that's it -- it's basically brand new.

It goes for $209 on amazon.com (Amazon.com: McIntosh .... For the Love of Music .... (9780978723606): Ken Kessler: Books). I'm happy to sell this one for $180 shipped, as long as shipping isn't more than $20.

FEEL FREE TO MAKE ME AN OFFER!!! Call me at 719 567-4608 (daytime) or 719 205-9481 (evening) if interested.

Here's a description:

A fascinating history of an audio legend "Even though this book is published by McIntosh itself, it is as candidly revealing as any business history I have read from an independent publisher. "McIntosh...for the love of music..." is not a happy-slappy PR puff piece but a genuine history. Indeed, I found the behind-the-scenes business chapters to be absolute page-turners.... "As we've come to expect from Ken Kessler projects, the production values are lavish. The cover and book and the book's entire color scheme reflect McIntosh's black-and-gold glass faceplates and blue meters. The photographs, photo editing and layout are fittingly world-class. There is even a bound-in gold ribbon for a bookmark. In addition to a foreword and introduction, there are 19 chapters of content, four appendices (including a timeline), an index a bibliography, and lists of McIntosh products by model number an name. "Well done. Highly recommended - even if your amplifier doesn't sport big blue meters."

Attachments

Last edited:
pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
After thinking about the value of this book, and the likely market for would buy it, let's go with $100 plus shipping.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis