BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just started it yesterday - So far it's as good as previous if not better, thou I'd still like a bit more deeper rpg element :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
A buddy of mine has really been looking forward to this. I downloaded the demo for PS3 and haven't played it, yet. Perhaps today. :)

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
Picked it up Tuesday, beat it yesterday (yeah, I've only been eagerly waiting for it for a year.) :)

Good:
  • Story overall (tons of loose ends tied up, countless great/huge moments) that really sets the desperation and despair of the situation. I haven't grinded away to see the ending of a game/series like that since Heavy Rain.
  • Gameplay - plays a lot like ME2 with the shooting mechanics, which is a good thing to me. Melee attacks are much more satisfying, but I wish they were able to be canceled or locked on to prevent misses.
  • Tons of tie in to previous Mass Effect games for supporting characters/events.
  • The map on the Citidel and Normandy that showed where particular charcters were was real helpful for finding the people you completed missions for.
  • Good amount of guns and they're modifiable. Glad they brought that back, because I think it was a big loss in ME2.
  • Fewer playable characters, which I think is better than the 12 you had in ME2.
  • Enemy AI seems a lot smarter.
  • Reputation system is a lot more effective than the straight Paragon/Renegade meters they had in ME2.
  • The more vertical nature of levels/battles is alright and fairly well done.
Bad:
  • The mission list is not helpful about needs to be done or has already been done. Definite step back from ME1.
  • New characters to the series are not that great, with the exception of one (who's more interesting than great IMO).
  • Galaxy map when searching for war assets. What's the point of having Reapers come after me if it's just going to reload to the point I entered that system? There's no consequence for just pinging away a few passes/reload until I find everything.
  • Cover system is real hit and miss, at least for me.
  • I think a little too much was done to accomodate new players to the mix. Who in their right mind is jumping in new at this point? Go spend $40 and get ME1 and ME2 from Amazon instead... :rolleyes:
Ugly:
  • The ending - very unsatisfying and made me go from :( to :eek: to :confused: to :mad:. Thank you BioWare for writing a rich and interesting story, only to crap on it big time in the last 10 min. Must have been too busy trying to overcharge us for some weak Day 1 DLC. :rolleyes: :mad: It's definitely not up to the level of 'Arrival' and 'Bring Down The Sky', and miles behind 'Lair of the Shadow Broker' in terms of length and quality.

Overall, I'd give it an 7.5 out of 10. Could have easily been a 9.5 or 10/10 if they had done better on the end game, because the game was pretty damn good up to that point.

Oh, and no comment on multiplayer - that's not my thing.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I haven't picked this one up yet. I started with ME2 and really liked that one. Super cool to automatically get all of the DLC with the PS 3 version.

I just joined a Battlefield 3 clan and they're pretty strict about weekly practices and such so I know I can't get into ME3 right now. If I do it will utterly consume me.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
no its available on all modern platforms - xbox360,ps3 and pc
Xbox 360 version is two disks so you have to swap disks. Depending on how you play the game, you can be switching often. PS3 is just one disk. The 360 version can suffer from minor framerate issues. The PS3 version suffers severe framerate issues, longer load times and can crash.

I have no idea about the PC version but my guess is it's stability would be more along the 360 version because their development is similar.

Amazing game btw whatever platform you play on...

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I just finished my first game tonight. I didn't think the ending was that bad. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll just leave it at that.

I'm looking forward to trying another character, getting the DLC, and picking up whatever achievements I missed in the first go-round. I enjoyed the combat but there were a few fights that were really tough on normal difficulty. I can't wait to try insanity. I'll probably invent some new swear words.

Jim

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Xbox 360 version is two disks so you have to swap disks. Depending on how you play the game, you can be switching often. PS3 is just one disk. The 360 version can suffer from minor framerate issues. The PS3 version suffers severe framerate issues, longer load times and can crash.

I have no idea about the PC version but my guess is it's stability would be more along the 360 version because their development is similar.

Amazing game btw whatever platform you play on...
PC version runs very nicely on max settings at 1680x1050 - I have mid of the road machine: i5-2500, 2x 5770 1gb and 8gb ram

btw: Have you heard the rumor what next xbox would not optical drive at all :confused::eek:

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
The ending made me not want to play it a second time.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
well, now I'm curious about this ending.

I played the first Mass Effect on Xbox360 and have played 2 since I converted to PS3.

I looked forward to ME3 since the cliffhanger ending of ME2. I really like the franchise and look forward to playing 3. Too bad Skyrim hasn't let go of my balls yet, then there's MW3 multiplayer that is sure to take up a lot more of my time soon. Damn... not enough hours in a day. I need more time to write.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
The ending does kind of suck but it's a small percentage of the game. The actual game is fun. I'll probably try another game with a different character on a higher difficulty soonish.

Jim

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Finished completely.
Brought near all assets (one couldn't make it due to a particularly evil choice that I didn't want to make) to final conflict and 100% readiness from multiplayer + promoted them.

It really brought home all the choices you'd made throughout 2 previous games. Bummer for PS3 players that missed the 1st.
I didn't have a problem with the ending at all, and will explain why once it has been out long enough for spoilers to be a reasonable thing. (or, we can open a discussion thread with a MASSIVE SPOILER WARNINGS title.)

Really enjoyed the game, worth every penny.

SopRage

SopRage

Audioholic
Played through it and finished on Monday.

I've heard all the arguments against the ending and none of them hold much weight to me. Some minor plot holes, to be sure, but I don't buy the "doesn't hold with the themes of the games" argument - which is being thrown around as the biggest offense - and I don't know what the myriad endings the most vocal opponents are calling for would look like (other than an "Animal House"-style epilogue that would be tasteless in my opinion).

I loved the game top to bottom and hope they leave the ending (as is) as canon.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
(other than an "Animal House"-style epilogue that would be tasteless in my opinion).

I loved the game top to bottom and hope they leave the ending (as is) as canon.
Ha...Do you listen to the Giant Bombcast

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just finished it. Well, I say - it's was a fun game and thou I wished some of my decisions were counted in more but I kinda saw some this coming
Still great game and I say - leave it alone. The trilogy deserved a ending...

Like Harvey Dent said - You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I didn't have a problem with the endings(s). The last few moments felt rushed but in the grand scheme of things it is still an amazing game. All 3 games where high quality in the series.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis