its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Wait. I think Iron Fist is pretty lame. But I don't think it's any more lame than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, which do nothing but shove and push bad guys around - the most lame fighting scenes in the world. :D

BTW, my 15 YO daughter fights faster with more power than Iron Fist. :D
I really liked Luke Cage :) Never got around to seeing Jessica Jones.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I really liked Luke Cage :) Never got around to seeing Jessica Jones.
The actor has no fighting experience to my knowledge before this show, to be a fighting master which is why I haven't even bothered to watch it. I could be wrong, but based on all the feedback I have read here, it seems I am not too far off

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The actor has no fighting experience to my knowledge before this show, to be a fighting master which is why I haven't even bothered to watch it. I could be wrong, but based on all the feedback I have read here, it seems I am not too far off
Minor spoilers ahead.
I just finished the last episode in first season and must say, Wow. Just Wow. I liked Luke Cage a lot, I kinda liked Daredevil, Wasn't huge fan of often bizarre JJ (tbh I find even Legion more normal, at least there are reasons to why it's crazy)

But last episode and the last "big" "fight" just nailed the final coffin in this show. For Grand master of kung-fu is was painful to watch and even I am guessing I could've done better if that was actual fight.
I'd want to say it was lame, but it doesn't even nearly begin to describe how terribly staged this fight was which honestly belongs in C rated turkish movies (google turkish star wars if you bored and need a TWTF)

Davos plot was very predictable and final big "twist" was sort of expected as well.

Watching TV is TBH waste of time, but at least I don't want my brain to hurt from the sheer stupidity.
Not going to watch next season.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, maybe we should call this show "Paper Fist" or "Plastic Fist" or "Little Girly Fist". :D

Seriously, I think all of the bad guys on this show look like they could kick "Iron Fist" butts.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't disagree with any of the critiques, but I still enjoyed it. Iron Fist was one of my favorites as a kid. Hopefully they'll work some more on the fight choreography and Finn will work on a more suitable physique. I was disappointed there. They did it so well with DD.

As of now, Luke Cage was my least favorite of the series. I actually liked JJ almost as much as DD. I thought the purple man was actually a pretty compelling bad guy, and I'm very familiar with the source material.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Dare Devil was ok season 1, just too slow in the beginning. Season 2 with Punisher Episodes were by far the best

JJ - I could not get into, even though the lead actress is strangely very hawt

Luke Cage, I didnt mind that much, was able to get through it for the sake of The Defenders Spinn-off. Got bad when...(SPOILER ALERT).........

They started making bullets that anyone could get to kill him with.

If they do actually start to make the Defenders Series on Netflix, please put in a stunt double for IRON (Limp Wristed) FIST. :eek::oops::eek:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wow a lot of armchair masters of martial arts around here. :) I took karate a long time ago but it doesn't help me determine/critique the choreography in any case but then its a tv show based on a comic so my expectations are already low :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow a lot of armchair masters of martial arts around here. :) I took karate a long time ago but it doesn't help me determine/critique the choreography in any case but then its a tv show based on a comic so my expectations are already low :)
Have you seen last episode of season 1?
It's not about choreography, but way Danny fights could easily be mistaken for one of above mentioned keyboard ninjas

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Have you seen last episode of season 1?
It's not about choreography, but way Danny fights could easily be mistaken for one of above mentioned keyboard ninjas
Finished the series a week ago. Finn Jones got a whole three weeks training in the martial arts before filming from what I just read. I really don't watch the fight scenes that closely as you do, the guy's an actor not a martial artist. They're not even close to real fights let alone needing to be judged as one. Most martial arts in most filming is a fantasy IMO.

What martial art do you practice and at what level?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Obviously my strongest is a black belt in GoogleFu, minor in occasional trolling.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hey, it's amazing what you can pick up on TV. :D

You don't have to play in the NFL or NBA to know which athletes are good.

You don't have to be a professional track runner to know which runners are fast.

I took Kung Fu when I was in my teens. Now my daughter takes Tae Kwon Do.

But many of us have seen many martial arts movies over many years to know which fightings look awesome and which look like slow-motion-weak-dancing fights.

First of all, you have to land the punches and kicks with FORCE. It doesn't matter if it looks PRETTY like dancing if your punches and kicks have no force to hurt anyone.

Iron Fist fights like he is DANCING. It's a joke.

But fighting scenes aside, I have finished the season finale of Iron Fist; it is really lame IMO.

SPOILER ALERT:

Let me punch you, then instead of really hurting you after you are on the ground, I am going to just run away so you can shoot me with your gun.

How RETARDED is that?

That's how I feel watching Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and especially Jessica Jones.

I can't wait for The Punisher. Hopefully he won't punch a bad guy, and then instead of finishing off the bad guy, he would run away so that the bad guy can shoot him with a gun. Hopefully the Punisher is not an imbecile.

But hey, that's only my opinion.

I don't mind if you guys LOVE any of these shows (IF, LC, JJ). I just can't believe you if you do, but I won't mind. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would have loved to see Keanu Reeves as Iron First reunited with Carrie-Anne Moss. :D

But he would have probably read the script and said, "This thing is F*** up." :D

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Finn Jones got a whole three weeks training in the martial arts before filming from what I just read.
Three weeks training, it must be good enough right? It's not like some asian cultures like Japanese for example, are obsessed with perfection or anything.. right? Like learning how to cook sushi rice for 7 years.
Much better example is Keanu Reeves (a slightly matured Ted Logan Keanu Reeves), took 5 months martial arts training before shooting 2h long movie.
http://celebrityfitnesstraining.com/celebrity-workouts/keanu-reeves-the-matrix/

edit:
ADTG beat me by few seconds to similar idea

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Three weeks training, it must be good enough right? It's not like some asian cultures like Japanese for example, are obsessed with perfection or anything.. right? Like learning how to cook sushi rice for 7 years.
Much better example is Keanu Reeves (a slightly matured Ted Logan Keanu Reeves), took 5 months martial arts training before shooting 2h long movie.

edit:
I bet Carrie-Anne Moss saw the fighting in Iron Fist and thought to herself, "Damn, I should be the Iron Fist!" :D

Trinity could kick all their a$$e$ in Iron Fist. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

edit:
I'm not defending their choice of Finn or his skills (believe there was much grousing about his choice) but for what these scenes are I don't really care; haven't since Bruce Lee for the most part. Probably was an excellent martial artist that could have done the fighting choreography better but maybe he wasn't as pretty as Finn. If the Matrix wasn't bad enough on premise alone, the "fighting" was boring in those, too, let alone being just plain stupid. Keanu slightly matured, lol :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My daughter and I were watching "Into the Badlands" S02E02-03 last night.

Not only is the story so much better than most of the Marvels on Netflix, the fighting is 200% better. Not even close.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My daughter and I were watching "Into the Badlands" S02E02-03 last night.

Not only is the story so much better than most of the Marvels on Netflix, the fighting is 200% better. Not even close.
Totally agree about the fight choreography, but I'm having trouble getting into it. I watched the entire first season.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis