AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322310/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Anyone checking out this new Netflix Marvel TV series First Fist (produced by Scott Buck, who also did Dexter & Six Feet Under, which are 2 of my favorite TV series)?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0118420/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr2

I finished episode 6 last night.

About the only character I like is Carrie-Anne Moss. :D

The pace is kind of slow for me. The fighting seems almost slow motion. Overall pretty decent, not as annoying like Jessica Jones or Luke Cage.

But not close to being as good as Daredevil.

I expected more from producer of Dexter & Six Feet Under.

Marvels Punisher is supposed to be released sometime this year 2017. Hope it will be as good as Daredevil. Punisher will be produced by Steve Lightfoot, who also produced the Hannibal TV series, which is good news to me. :D

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1208415/

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I enjoyed it (already binged the whole thing :) ). I'm not a fan of Daredevil particularly, never got but a few episodes before I just had no further interest; there were aspects of both Luke Cage and Jessica Jones and overall I do like this Netflix driven Marvel universe (altho I wasn't much into the superhero comics as a kid or since). Carrie did score a good character. I love Rosario Dawson generally so nice to see her in here, too and Jessica Henwick is nice to look at, too :). I think David Wenham is awesome in this; Tom Pelphrey has some good moments, too.

The martial arts thing overall I think looks good but like so many shows, they rely too much on it and it gets old in general, although at least here it's central to the character's life and not something stupid like in The Matrix movies.

Looking forward to resolving the cliffhangers at the end....

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Really enjoyed DD and Luke Cage. I'm on episode 11 of Iron Fist. Danny is stupid and childish. Definitely the weakest Marvel show I've seen.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Really enjoyed DD and Luke Cage. I'm on episode 11 of Iron Fist. Danny is stupid and childish. Definitely the weakest Marvel show I've seen.
I think that's just part of his character, the impulsive emotional reactions, we're watching him mature essentially as he finds his purpose and true enemy, etc....

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I enjoyed it (already binged the whole thing :) ). I'm not a fan of Daredevil particularly, never got but a few episodes before I just had no further interest; there were aspects of both Luke Cage and Jessica Jones and overall I do like this Netflix driven Marvel universe (altho I wasn't much into the superhero comics as a kid or since). Carrie did score a good character. I love Rosario Dawson generally so nice to see her in here, too and Jessica Henwick is nice to look at, too :). I think David Wenham is awesome in this; Tom Pelphrey has some good moments, too.

The martial arts thing overall I think looks good but like so many shows, they rely too much on it and it gets old in general, although at least here it's central to the character's life and not something stupid like in The Matrix movies.

Looking forward to resolving the cliffhangers at the end....
I really liked Luke Cage. I didn't even really intend to watch it, the GF had started watching it, then it sucked me in.

I really liked the music choices and the audio for Luke Cage, very well done, IMO.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I really liked Luke Cage. I didn't even really intend to watch it, the GF had started watching it, then it sucked me in.

I really liked the music choices and the audio for Luke Cage, very well done, IMO.
Yes I enjoyed the LC soundtrack and inclusion of musical performances. The audio in general for all these have been pretty good, too, I think.

I'm normally not much of a series watcher for most of my life but the ease you can now just watch commercial-free episode after episode and get sucked in without even touching the remote (if you want, I prefer to have it wait for me to touch a button to confirm my acquiescence....:) ).

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm normally not much of a series watcher for most of my life but the ease you can now just watch commercial-free episode after episode and get sucked in without even touching the remote (if you want, I prefer to have it wait for me to touch a button to confirm my acquiescence....:) ).

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just finished Watched 1st episode - so far storyline is really weak and hardly believable, but i will probably watch 2nd episode. tomorrow

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
My wife and I just finished watching Travelers. Season 2 can't come soon enough.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just finished episode 8 last night of Iron Fist.

This show keeps on annoying me more as it progresses.

Maybe I'm more into violence, but I hate it when characters think "Oh, it's just wrong to kill even the most evil villains who could and would kill a million people if you let them".

That Claire character is just annoying to me.

Annoying.

I know what The Punisher would do. :D

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I binged it in about 3 days. I liked it. It has some pacing issues, but as a fan of the original comics I felt some of it was a nod to the fans. I had a ton of comics when I was a kid. I'm loving these Marvel Netflix series.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I finished Episode 12 last night. I think the story got a little better. I still think the martial arts fighting looks weak and slow - like they're doing ballet.

It seems the martial arts in Daredevil is a lot faster with a lot more power.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I finished it a couple days ago as well. Definitely the worst marvel show I've seen.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I finished it a couple days ago as well. Definitely the worst marvel show I've seen.
Wait. I think Iron Fist is pretty lame. But I don't think it's any more lame than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, which do nothing but shove and push bad guys around - the most lame fighting scenes in the world. :D

BTW, my 15 YO daughter fights faster with more power than Iron Fist. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis